Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Reordering of taskbar-entries on 2nd-onitor-taskbar + maximized forms » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 9506

Andreas Hoffmann

Posted: 02/05/2009 21:28:00

Hi,

thanks to a cool utility I have the possibility to re-order the buttons of the windows-taskbar in the order I want to have.

But unfortunately this isn't possible with the taskbar provided by actualtools on my second monitor and I really miss this option.
You can see a demo here: http://www.askarya.com/tm/tm.asp

The second one is about maximizing a window on the second monitor. Sometimes but not regularly a window maximizes itself to the whole screen, this means the bottom part of the window (form), usually the statusbar, is overlaid by the actualtools-taskbar.
I there a solution for this?

ActualTools v5.2 on a Win32 Vista Ultimate

Thanks in advance + greetings - Andreas

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/06/2009 04:10:26

Dear Andreas,

Thank you for your interest to Actual Tools.

On our taskbar you may move your buttons with help of Shift, i.e. press Shift and move a button to place in awm-taskbar which you want.

About the problem: Couldn't you find some of pattern when window maximizes to the whole screen.

Best regards.

E-mail: support@actualtools.com

Andreas Hoffmann

Posted: 02/10/2009 05:53:56

Hi Tatiana,

thanks for your quick answer. Very fine, that reordering is already working with "shift-mouse"!
Never tried this, sorry!

The pattern for maximizing a window beyond the awm-taskbar seems to be the Standby-mode of vista!
I watched this the last days and always the same: After booting everything's ok, but after sending my PC to sleep the windows are maximizing to the whole screen, to the bottom of the monitor, not to the awm-taskbar.
Any ideas for this?

Futhermore I had to reinstall my vista last weekend and this problem was there from the beginning.
It's a nvidia GeForce 6600 with actual vista-driver for it!

Greetings from Cologne - Andreas

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/13/2009 00:10:56

Dear Andreas,

Thank you for description of your problem. We'll try to fix it. I'll let you know about result.

Best regards.

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/07/2009 01:29:16

Dear Andreas,

I'd like to inform you that your wish has been added. You are welcome to test it in Actual Window Manager 5.3. Now you can manually order the buttons on secondary taskbars as well as on the primary one using the simple mouse drag-n-drop (for now, it is available only under Windows XP or later; also, it does not work when the "Group similar taskbar buttons" option is enabled).

Couldn't you try to reproduce your problem and write to us about results?  

Andreas Hoffmann

Posted: 04/19/2009 11:22:57

Hi Tatiana,

thanks for your kind message and especially for the 5.3-Update!
It works very fine, the maximized windows now considers the AWM-taskbar on the 2nd Monitor!
And your improvements on managing the taskbars are great! I appreciate it!

Greetings from a sunny Cologne - Andreas

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register