Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[UPCOMING] wrap desktop on internal sides only » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 1553

Brian Williams

Posted: 07/11/2022 07:42:35

The current function wrap desktop allows wrap horizontally, vertically, or both. This is useful, but I would like to have another parameter to only wrap on internal boundaries.

For example, I often run 3 monitors, two on the first row, and one on a second row. I would like to have the wrap function work only on the internal sides, i.e. if I am on either monitor on the top row then wrap down to the bottom row, but NOT to wrap down from the bottom row up to the top row.
Likewise, when moving right, I can go from any monitor to the rightmost monitor overlapping in that row, but NOT from the right side of a monitor and end up on the left side of a monitor.

In other words, only wrap to a monitor in the direction of mouse travel, and NEVER wrap all the way around to the opposite edge. The related function for tight boundaries helps to allow this, but isn't really as useful.

Thanks for consideration of this enhancement.

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 07/11/2022 19:54:59

Hello Brian,

Thank you for the feedback.

Your request looks reasonable, we have added it to our to-do list.

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 07/12/2022 01:30:39

Brian,

I'm glad to inform you that the requested enhancement is implemented and will be available in the next update (probably, in a month or two).

Brian Williams

Posted: 07/12/2022 07:15:28

Thanks for the quick response and positive outcome - will be looking forward to getting the next version, or even the beta (have submitted a registration for a beta tester).

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/29/2023 01:28:14

Hello, Brian

You wrote:
The current function wrap desktop allows wrap horizontally, vertically, or both. This is useful, but I would like to have another parameter to only wrap on internal boundaries.

I'm glad to notify you that the subject feature has been implemented in the latest version of Actual Window Manager 8.15 and in the latest version of Actual Multiple Monitors 8.15 as well. The option resides here: Actual Tools program configuration module > Mouse > Multiple Monitors > Wrap the desktop > On internal borders only.

You can update your program to the latest version (program's tray icon context menu > Info > Check for Updates) or download the latest version, install it manually and try the feature.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register