Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AT:TB - Icons for Modal Dialog Sent To SysTray » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 5696

Philip Daniels

Posted: 10/15/2008 01:56:44

One of the the things I like about AT:TB is that I can send applications with long running modal dialogs to the systray.  However the Icon they get is the empty window icon (white box with blue stripe at top) - this can get a bit confusing if one has 2-3 such tasks running.

Could AT:TB use the parent application icon, or better yet would it be possible to allow the user to assoc an ico with the "process" in question (process id would be application name and dialog box title eg idImager:Apply Edit Template).

It seems that applications designers intention is that users will sit in front of their tube like stunned mullets waiting for a long running job to finish.  AT:TB provides an excellent deterrent to such inefficient work practices.

I wish programmers would not put long running tasks in modal dialog boxes. They should spin them into a separate thread and show their progress in the application status bar!

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 10/15/2008 04:13:17

Philip,

It's very interesting suggestion. We added your wish to our list of improvements.

E-mail: support@actualtools.com

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register