Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Enable/Disable Sticky Windows Corners for Multiple Monitors » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 3793

Jonathan Woodward

Posted: 08/06/2021 23:25:03

Good afternoon.

Does AWM have a feature to enable/disable the sticky corners feature in Windows 10 for multiple monitors? When windows are dragged across multiple monitors, the snap assist feature causes windows to stick to the edge and snap to an Alt+Tab screen. This default feature is REALLY annoying with no way to turn off in the registry that I know of.

If AWM does not have this feature, can it be added in the next version please?

Thanks!

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/09/2021 20:03:49

Hello, Jonathan

Thank you for contacting us.

Do you mean you want to completely disable the Aero Snap feature? It's possible to accomplish this. Open the Actual Window Manager configuration module and go to Layout and Snap > Window Snapping section. Check the "Disable the native Windows 7 Snap" option and uncheck the "Aero Snap (Windows 7-style window snapping)" option, hit Apply. Aero Snap feature (both the standard Windows one and AWM one) shouldn't work from now on.

Best regards.

Jonathan Woodward

Posted: 08/10/2021 07:12:07

Actually, what I want is to keep most of the Snap features but disable just the sticky edge feature between two monitors which causes a window dragged between two screens to be momentarily stuck so it can snap into a grid. This feature is EXTREMELY annoying and there seems to be no in-built way to turn off the feature.

Non-Stick mouse https://www.jawfin.net/nsm/ does exactly what I am want but it would be better to have an all encompassing program like AWM to incorporate the feature rather than have several 3rd party files launch and run at the same time eating up system resources.

Does this make sense?

Thanks!

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/21/2021 06:24:06

Jonathan,

Does AWM have a feature to enable/disable the sticky corners feature in Windows 10 for multiple monitors?

Actually, what I want is to keep most of the Snap features but disable just the sticky edge feature between two monitors

Unfortunately, there is no way to accomplish this using our software. We'll consider your requests and will notify you if the features are implemented.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register