Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Firefox and rollup » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 3757

Ralendil

Posted: 12/25/2020 05:19:24

Hello,

I am new to the forum. I actually test the program Actual window manager and I must say I am impressed by all the features. I was searching for such a software like this for a long time.

Now, my request... this request is on the borderline of the request and the bug report.
It is related to my  firefox configuration. As I love tittle bars, I have configurated forefox to display it, as you can see it in the screenshot provided.

As you can see on the screenshot the buttons on the title bar are far away of the right corner.  And as you can see, when I roll up the result is really weird.

I wanted to request to have the option, in specific settings for applications, to get rolling up working like any other apps, so limited to displaying onl;y the title bar.

EDIT: I've found that hiding menu bar makes titlebar buttons centered. Also roll up is clearly configurated to take in consideration the menu bar.
However, the menu bar is totally redundant and even, I would prefer to have the option to roll up every window to hide everything except the titlebar, including firefox.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/06/2021 18:20:34

Hello, Ralendil

Thank you for contacting us.

Indeed, the Roll up feature doesn't roll up the Firefox window to its title bar, like in many other windows. This is most likely associated with peculiarity of the Firefox window. We'll try to fix this and will post here if it's fixed.

As for the centered title buttons - I was unable to reproduce the problem. How did you achieve the placement of the tabs below the address bar? Using custom userChrome.css?

Best regards.

Ralendil

Posted: 01/10/2021 18:09:51

Thank you for your anszer.
I take note that you could fix the problem with the rolling of the firefox window.
Is there something we could do in firefox to fix it ? (about:config or chrome.css ??)

About the second problem, I did some test.
You're right about the position of the buttons in the titlebar. I found the line of code in my chrome.css that was causing the havoc.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/20/2021 01:44:12

Ralendil,

It seems like the Firefox window is not rolled up completely due to the minimum height limit in Firefox. I'm not sure whether it's possible to remove this limit by editing the userChrome.css file, but if it's possible, then the window should be rolled up completely once you do this.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register