Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Virtual Desktop : With their own sets of Icons Display on Desktop » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 2196

Vishal

Posted: 10/11/2020 17:46:24

I am using Windows 10 & dual monitor.

😢 PROBLEM
While working on a particular project or client's website,  I tend to set up folder shortcuts & certain software-icons (related to that project) on the desktop. However, when working on multiple projects, the desktop tends to get a little cluttered (even after I group icons). In addition to these, I  also have a few icons related to my daily reading & other stuff.

🧐 DESIRED SOLUTION
Is there any way Actual Window Manager would allow me to create multiple profiles for desktop view+icons (i.e everything there is on desktop)? So while working on 'Client A's) the project, I can switch to that virtual desktop view & see folders & icons related to only that client & while working on 'Client B',  I could switch to their work-related desktop profile.

Dexpot currently has this feature, however, the software seems to slow down the computer at times.

If this feature can be added, it could significantly improve the productivity of users.

Thanks.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/20/2020 06:26:54

Hello, Vishal

Thank you for contacting us.

Is there any way Actual Window Manager would allow me to create multiple profiles for desktop view+icons (i.e everything there is on desktop)?
Unfortunately, for now there is no way to do this with our software. We'll consider this as a feature request and will post here if it's implemented.

Best regards.

Vishal

Posted: 10/30/2020 00:12:34

Thank you for the update. I will be looking forward to seeing this feature in ActualTools :)

Vishal

Posted: 02/22/2021 11:54:56

Any update on this?

Thank you.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/17/2021 08:14:07

Hello, Vishal

Unfortunately, there is no update on implementation of this feature. For now I can't tell you whether the feature will be implemented or not and provide any time frame for this task.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register