Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Enhance Clipboard History » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 3167

irvnriir

Posted: 08/13/2020 17:36:18

Hi, please review the "Clipboarder" Desktop Gadget.

Completely nothing can replace it yet, and because of this, for me, 1 of the most scary things that can happen to PC is that Desktop Gadgets will stop working on Win10.
So please enhance your Clipboard History, with the main features of this.

These features are:
1.1. Display preview of list of files/folders.
1.2. Display enough large icon for a file/folder and the names for files, instead of the paths.  
1.3. Better display unknown entities (for example Pick Link Source from Link Shell Extension shows "A" in your window, and "Unknown format" in Clipboarder).
1.4. Display text multi-line up to 4-8 lines, and would be great if the active item would be unfolded further (alike selecting a high, below item, with Prefer Detailed in Clipboarder).
2. Select the item with single click.
3. Optionally, scroll the items, instead of the list.
4. Show the window, on press and while holding Win key, on top of all windows.
5. Move the selection (and better keeping it near center of the list) up and down with Win + C and Win + V.

I use this literally every time i work on PC, and every of the listed features are highly meaningful, and loosing any of them would noticeably hurt the ease or/and speed of use.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/19/2020 23:02:12

Hello, irvnriir

Thank you for contacting us.

We'll consider adding the most of these features and will post here if any of them are added.

As I understand the common way to paste from the clipboard history in Clipboarder is the standard "Ctrl+V" hotkey, right? This differs from how our Clipboard history works, where you can paste by double clicking an item or pressing the number of the item on the keyboard etc. Using a single click to an item to immediately paste into a document/folder doesn't seem like desirable behavior. Or you would like to see our Clipboard History working in exactly the same manner as Clipboarder, so that it uses mouse clicks only to select the "current" clipboard item?

3. Optionally, scroll the items, instead of the list.
Are you talking about unrolling of the currently selected item, which happens as you scroll through the items? Or you're talking about the feature that is not even in Clipboarder - to scroll an item itself?

5. Move the selection (and better keeping it near center of the list) up and down with Win + C and Win + V.
Once again, this feature seems to be tied to the hotkeys Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V and it's convenient to use them together. But our Clipboard History feature doesn't have the current item in the same sense as in Clipboarder. But you can use arrows and Enter to select the needed item.

Best regards.

irvnriir

Posted: 08/20/2020 00:06:03

@Bogdan_Polishchuk

Thanks for the response .

1 LMB to select (/copy), dbl LMB to inse_rt into active window (CH's default) . p.s. Clipboarder has number hotkeys too, optional .

3. Optionally, scroll the items, instead of the rendered list part.
Scroll the wheel to sele_ct items .

The selected ("current") item, with the list hover while holding Win key, is 1 of the most important points .

irvnriir

Posted: 07/13/2021 16:04:04

I've just found another useful feature present in Clipboarder, it copies to clipboard what is dragged onto it .

For example i have a program with issue in copyToClipboard function, but still can select and drag text and images fr om the program's Window to the Gadget .

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/24/2021 03:07:24

Hello, irvnriir

Thank you for cotnacting us.

We'll consider your requests and will post here if any of the requested features are implemented.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register