Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Add rolled up as a startup option » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 6354

Matt Rasmussen
Advanced user

Posted: 08/04/2008 10:23:13

I do a bit of programming and would like the ability to automatically roll up a window on startup, as well as define a postion for the rolled up window.

The reason behind the rolled up postion is that I would like to be able to stack rolled up windows so I can quickly switch between them, but have them go to my defined size when unrolled.

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 08/05/2008 05:24:08

Matt,

I suppose you can achieve the described goal using currently available features.

You can specify the startup position for the desired window (despite it's rolled or unrolled) and its rolling up on deactivation. Usually, there are many windows open at startup so most of them will be automatically rolled up: the newly opened window takes the input focus so the already opened window deactivates and will be rolled up.

Isn't that enough for your needs?

Matt Rasmussen
Advanced user

Posted: 08/05/2008 07:40:51

That's close, but I would like to specify the rolled up location as well as the unrolled location and size.

Meaning when a window is rolled up, it will snap to a predetermined monitor and/or location, and when unrolled have other size/location/monitor setttings be applied.

If you can already do this, maybe I just need a bit more direction...

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 08/06/2008 01:18:37

Matt,

Currently there's no way to specify the custom position for window in rolled state. But the feature to auto-arrange rolled windows was already requested and it's in our to-do list so that some day it will be surely implemented.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register