Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Virtual Desktop Switcher Option-NOT Always on Top , Virtual Desktop Switcher Option-NOT Always on Top » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 6332

David Rosenthal

Posted: 12/06/2019 15:03:43

After much experimentation, my preferred location & layout for the Virtual Desktop Switcher is directly adjacent to the Windows 10 taskbar (which I have vertical on the left border of my leftmost monitor). But alas, there's a fatal problem with this. When I click various items on the taskbar, the window the taskbar opens, for example the Start Menu, is hidden beneath the Switcher.
For my particular use case, it would be ideal if there was a configuration option to control whether or not the switcher is "Always on Top."
Thanks for considering!

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/10/2019 18:58:10

Hello, David

Thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately, for now there is no way to disable the Always-on-Top state of the Virtual Desktops Switcher. We'll consider your request and will post in this topic if this ability is implemented.

For now you can use the hotkey to toggle the switcher when you need it to be hidden or to be displayed again. The default key combination is Alt+`. Also, disable the option "Show the switcher near the mouse pointer" in order to avoid moving of the switcher from the preferred position due to toggling it off and on (Actual Tools program configuration module > Virtual Desktops > Show the switcher near the mouse pointer).

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/13/2020 01:02:50

Hello, David

You wrote:
For my particular use case, it would be ideal if there was a configuration option to control whether or not the switcher is "Always on Top."

I'm glad to notify you that the subject feature has been implemented in the latest version of Actual Window Manager 8.14.4 and our other products as well.

You can update your program to the latest version (program's tray icon context menu > Info > Check for Updates) or download the latest version, install it manually and confirm the fix.

The "On top" state now can be changed via the context menu of the Virtual Desktops Switcher.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register