Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Move whole virtual desktop , Moving whole virtual desktops on demand or when monitors are unplugged » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 2722

Christoph Rissner

Posted: 10/02/2019 20:18:55

So I have a laptop with 2 external monitors connected, each of the 3 monitors has 4 independant virtual desktops.

I'm running Actual Window Manager Version 8.14.1 on Windows 10, Version 1709 (64bit ofc).

Sometimes I'd like to change the association of monitors and virtual desktops (much like i3 and others do it) and move a virtual desktop with all its contents to another monitor.

Especially I'd like that to happen when a monitor is unplugged, then all of the virtual desktops should be moved to any other monitor instead of moving all windows individually.
I don't need a fixed number of monitors per screen, although it's nice to have a minimum number. But I'd prefer to keep my organization in terms of virtual desktops and their contents to be kept as far as possible.

So, is there a way to to that? Can I achieve parts of this?
Can I move a desktop as a whole?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/15/2019 18:36:46

Hello, Christoph

Sometimes I'd like to change the association of monitors and virtual desktops (much like i3 and others do it) and move a virtual desktop with all its contents to another monitor.
Unfortunately, for now there is no way to achieve this within our software. We'll consider this as a feature request and will post in this topic if it's implemented.

Best regards.

Runkies McRunks

Posted: 06/18/2023 11:10:44

Sorry to necro such an old thread, but im wondering if this feature has been implemented yet?

the ability to move desktops between monitors is literally the only feature im looking for in a desktop manager

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/11/2023 03:50:03

Hello, Runkies

Thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately, the feature hasn't been implemented yet. I'll add your vote for this feature in our database, but for now there is no timeframe for when the feature will be implemented.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register