Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[DONE]New window alignment/sizing hotkeys , customizeable for laptops » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 7640

Nicholas Dudfield

Posted: 01/22/2008 04:32:49

The new window alignment/sizing hotkeys are great but unfortunately I have a laptop and use a custom keyboard layout.

For me the number pad isn't really all that convenient as I need to use the fn key.
Is there any chance these keys will be come customizable in the future as with the other keyboard shortcuts?

I would prefer to map them to Ctrl-Win-Alt for sizing and Ctrl-Shift-Win for alignment. These in conjunction with the main arrow keys in quick movements.  

Left, right, up, down are obvious.

(Ctrl-Win-Alt) + (left then up || up then left within x milliseconds)  for top left etc

(Ctrl-Win-Alt) + (double down within x milliseconds) for center

You know what I mean?

I know this is possible because I have written similar global hotkeys with a python keyboard hook library.

I know there are a lot of laptop users out there and the number is growing all the time. Something like that would be aces for us.

Cheers.

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/30/2008 01:58:07

Hi,

Thank for your reasonable feature request. It will be implemented in our of next releases.

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/01/2009 04:42:32

Dear Nicholas,

I'd like to inform you that your request has been fulfilled at last. You are welcome to test it in Actual Window Manager 5.3

We hope the new version will satisfy your needs.

Best regards.

E-mail: support@actualtools.com

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register