Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Request: Roll-up window's closing , A useful feature to prevent errors » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 8036

TSLIM

Posted: 01/19/2008 04:53:36

I have application that records its window size and position when quiting.

If I roll-up its window then close it (without rolling back its window), the next time when I restart the application, it simply crashes... sort of it can't restart itself to a roll-up condition when it is started.

So, may I suggest to add under AWM "Closing" section, something like:

[ ] Automatic roll-back windows before closing

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/21/2008 04:14:23

Please provide us with the name of the application for us to reproduce the problem.

TSLIM

Posted: 01/21/2008 10:24:01

It is MS Visual Foxpro tools called Code Reference.
(Part of VFP9)

Note:
Even though in this case, I have the source code of that tool and I can do something to solve the problem, but still I am worry about what if there are more to be encountered? especial one which I do not have source code.

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/25/2008 00:07:30

Does it work without installation of Visual Foxpro, if yes, could you please send us its installation files?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/28/2012 21:58:56

Hello TSLIM.

Is the issue with Foxpro still actual?

Best regards.

TSLIM

Posted: 11/29/2012 00:53:00

Hi Bogdan,

Yes, the issue still remain the same.
I don't really blame AWM for the issue.
The reason I raise the issue is to suggest adding a feature so that user can set it once and prevent accidental trigger of the problem for all.

Let me explain a little more detail regarding the issue:
The VFP tool (namely Code Reference) always records its window size (height, width) and position (top left coordinates) at the point it is being closed.On the next launch, it will try to restore its window size and position according to what have been recorded. In my case, when I roll its window up then close it, it actually records a zero pixel height, so when I run it again, the codes that attempt to restore its window size and position crashes because under normal circumstance, it is not possible to open a window at zero height.

Again, I think it will be helpful if I can tell AWM to automatically rollback a specific window (if it is at a roll-up state) just prior to closing it.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/30/2012 01:20:51

What is the Code Reference application?

I was only able to find the Code References window in VisualFoxPro 9, but it is unable even to apply any our settings to it.

Could you give me a link or something?

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/04/2012 02:10:28

Hello TSLIM.

I can confirm that issue doesn't occur with the file you've send, Actual Window Manager 7.3 and pn Win 7.

You wrote:
Btw, I just find under Win7x64 and using the latest AWM, the problem seems to have resolved, have you done something in the new AWM (Ver 7.x) regarding the issue?

What is the latest of the versions of AWM that you noticed this problem with?

Are you going to use XP in the future? Could you try the latest version on XP?

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/04/2012 22:43:45

I've tested it on Windows XP, and I can confirm that the issue is fixed in Actual Window Manager 7.3 (not sure about older versions).

Best regards.

TSLIM

Posted: 12/08/2012 02:46:48

Hi,

Sorry for this late reply.

My last encounter with the problem probably was with V5.3 or V5.4 (under WinXP)
But due to instability of AWM at that time, I have stopped using AWM (In fact I have just updated my AWM recently after I find ver7 is very stable under Win7 x64.) and
I have also switched from "Code reference" to another alternative tool.

Btw, nowadays I do run WinXP in VMWare virtual machine for testing purpose.But I don't use "Code reference" any more.

Anyway, thanks a lot for you seriousness in solving this problem, at least I won't have to face similar problem again in the future.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register