Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Tabbed Explorer - Hide close button / Scroll Tabs with mouse » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 22122

Display

Posted: 11/05/2017 19:36:38

Hello,
I'm really liking the Tabbed Explorer feature! Just a couple of minor questions/suggestions about it:

Is it possible to hide the Close (X) button from the tabs? I'm finding that I accidentally close a lot of tabs when there's too many grouped up (is there a way to undo/restore a previously closed tab like in Internet Browsers - something like Ctrl+Shift+T ?)

And would it be possible to add a Scroll tabs shortcut for the mouse?
Something like;
Hold Right Click + Scroll Up = Activate Previous Tab <Shift+Ctrl+Tab>
Hold Right Click + Scroll Down = Activate Next Tab <Ctrl+Tab>

Okay thanks!

Display

Posted: 11/06/2017 07:44:05

I played around with it a bit more and  made an AHK script to scroll the tabs.
It will cycle the tabs when using Wheel Up/Down - but only if the cursor is above the Titlebar or Tabs.
Here's how it works with only the Scroll wheel:

User added an image

And is there any way to utilise "Window Settings > Add Rule > Change Caption" to hide the " - Actual Tabbed Explorer" caption from the Title bar? Can RegEx be used?

Another idea I had was Window Group Sets. If you right-click the '+' button you could choose to Save or Restore window groups or layouts etc. Maybe it could auto-save every X minutes in case of crashes/restarts etc.

Display

Posted: 11/11/2017 08:41:10

I kept closing folders (out of habbit!) and would accidentally lose 10+ tabs.
So I made AWM rule for Tabbed Explorer (\ActualToolsTabbedContainer.exe) to Ignore Close button and Close via right-click.

I also made another AHK script to try out the Window Group Sets idea. It grabs the Window locations, counts the tabs and gets all the folder paths and then saves them to a txt file.
It can then read the txt file to restore Windows and Tabs.
Works like this:

User added an image

Something I've noticed when using Tabbed Explorer is when I click (especially middle-click) on an explorer window, it doesn't always pop-up to the front, it just stays activated in the background? I have to actually click on the ActualToolsTabbedContainer.exe Titlebar or window frame to force it to jump to the front when activated.

And the explorer resize gripper doesn't work (maybe when you click it, it could jump to the bottom right ActualToolsTabbedContainer frame?)

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/14/2017 23:26:40

Hello, Display

Thank you for detailed and visual presentation of the requested features.

Is it possible to hide the Close (X) button from the tabs? I'm finding that I accidentally close a lot of tabs when there's too many grouped up (is there a way to undo/restore a previously closed tab like in Internet Browsers - something like Ctrl+Shift+T ?)
And would it be possible to add a Scroll tabs shortcut for the mouse?
And is there any way to utilise "Window Settings > Add Rule > Change Caption" to hide the " - Actual Tabbed Explorer" caption from the Title bar? Can RegEx be used?
Another idea I had was Window Group Sets. If you right-click the '+' button you could choose to Save or Restore window groups or layouts etc. Maybe it could auto-save every X minutes in case of crashes/restarts etc.
These features currently are not presented in Actual Window Manager, but we'll consider this as a feature request and will post here when/if they are implemented.

I kept closing folders (out of habbit!) and would accidentally lose 10+ tabs.
So I made AWM rule for Tabbed Explorer (\ActualToolsTabbedContainer.exe) to Ignore Close button and Close via right-click.
Are you talking about the close button of the container window or about the tab close buttons?

Something I've noticed when using Tabbed Explorer is when I click (especially middle-click) on an explorer window, it doesn't always pop-up to the front, it just stays activated in the background? I have to actually click on the ActualToolsTabbedContainer.exe Titlebar or window frame to force it to jump to the front when activated.
What OS are you running (version, name)?

Does it depend on what windows are in front of Tabbed Explorer window at the moment when you try to bring it to the front?

And the explorer resize gripper doesn't work (maybe when you click it, it could jump to the bottom right ActualToolsTabbedContainer frame?)
Could you clarify this?

Display

Posted: 11/15/2017 12:51:11

Awesome, thanks for the consideration!

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Are you talking about the close button of the container window or about the tab close buttons?
The container - if you accidentally close the container you can potentially lose a lot of open tabs. It needs some sort of a safe-guard feature.

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Does it depend on what windows are in front of Tabbed Explorer window at the moment when you try to bring it to the front?
It actally seems like any window that isn't from Windows / Explorer.exe isn't able to pop ActualToolsTabbedContainer.exe to the front.
I'm running Win7 x64 SP1 with Classic theme.

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Could you clarify this?
Sure, here's the how my resizing currently works:

User added an image

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/16/2017 19:28:24

Display,

And the explorer resize gripper doesn't work
These problems have been confirmed. We'll try to fix them and will post in this topic when they're fixed.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/28/2018 20:38:38

Hello, Display

And the explorer resize gripper doesn't work
I'm glad to notify you that the subject issue has been fixed in the latest version of Actual Window Manager 8.13.1 and our other products as well.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/13/2021 06:01:05

Hello, Display

You wrote:
Something I've noticed when using Tabbed Explorer is when I click (especially middle-click) on an explorer window, it doesn't always pop-up to the front, it just stays activated in the background?

I'm glad to notify you that the subject issue has been fixed and the fix is available in the latest version of Actual Window Manager 8.14.5 and our other products as well.

You can update your program to the latest version (program's tray icon context menu > Info > Check for Updates) or download the latest version manually, install it and confirm the fix.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register