Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Desktop divider pimping , An idea that would make Desktop divider much more awesome. » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 8742

Waldemar Haszlakiewicz

Posted: 09/29/2017 18:33:18

Hi guys

I've been using Desktop divider for some time now (with shortcuts) and it's working good, but I was thinking how to make it better/faster/more precise as switching between 5 different settings is not that of a good experience.

Now I think it would be F#@# awesome, if you could select a window (mouse click on it), press a shortcut which would show an overlay over the desktop of all layouts (something like Win+Tab in W10) and you could just click on the sub-tile you want to use for selected window.

So click+shortcut+click. That would make any selection extremely fast, very visual and precise.

Could you please make this, it would simply be awesome.

Br
Waldemar

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 09/30/2017 14:07:24

Hello Waldemar,

Thanks for the post.

Did you try the "Show the "Put into Divider tile" dialog" hotkey combination (Win+Ctrl+5 by default, Actual Window Manager -> Hotkeys -> Actions -> Desktop Divider tab -> Show the "Put into Divider tile" dialog)?

Waldemar Haszlakiewicz

Posted: 10/05/2017 19:17:00

Hi Vasiliy

Didn't know about that. So the upper idea is just an extension of the "Put into Divider tile" dialog.
It would be cool if all the options could be presented on the dialog at the same time... or at least first N... similar as the Opera's home window (attached the image).

Now I've been thinking about this some more and an even faster way would be if you could define a short-cut on the sub-tile it self. So that in "Configure\Layout and Snap\Desktop Divider\Tile Layouts" you could click on the sub-tile of the selected Layout and you could define the short-cut for it. So the window reposition would be just a window select click and one short-cut press.

Now the more I think the more I like the second option ( 2 commands are less then 3 :) ), but the extending of "Put into Divider tile" would take the least amount of time and wouldn't influence any other part of the awesome AMM.

Looking forward to any upgrade.. pleeeaseeeee. :)

Br
Waldemar

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/05/2017 21:59:42

Hello, Waldemar

but the extending of "Put into Divider tile" would take the least amount of time and wouldn't influence any other part of the awesome AMM.

Are you talking about your initial request or about this:
So the upper idea is just an extension of the "Put into Divider tile" dialog.
It would be cool if all the options could be presented on the dialog at the same time... or at least first N... similar as the Opera's home window (attached the image).

If the latter, then could you clarify what you mean? What options do you want to be presented on the dialog and what part of Opera window you're referencing to?

Best regards.

Waldemar Haszlakiewicz

Posted: 10/06/2017 22:57:38

Hi Bogdan

1. Yes the
but the extending of "Put into Divider tile" would take the least amount of time and wouldn't influence any other part of the awesome AMM.
is referring to the first idea. At that time I didn't know about the "Put into Divider tile" dialog. Now when I do, the required steps to the first idea is to only extend the "Put into Divider tile" dialog... i.e. to show "Tile Layouts" as Opera's page selections.. I've created a proper image example.

So the behavior of the dialog would be very similar to current behavior, the difference would be only that there would be no ListBox to select 'Current Layout', but that all the Layouts (or first x) would be shown already.

Sum: just show all the Layouts (or as many as you can) on one page, so that user could just select the sub-tile without selecting 'Current Layout' which is slow and blocks productivity... I've been testing it today and I went back to short-cuts very soon.. was just too slow to select proper layout and then click on the sub-tile.

2. Now the second idea of having short-cut for specific sub-tile would be awesome too and of course the fastest way to move the window around... click+shortCut... 1 to 2 seconds and the window would be on exactly required position and in proper size.

Br
Waldemar

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/16/2017 20:25:46

Waldemar,

Thank you for very clear explanation of the requested features. We'll consider implementing both of them and will post in this topic when/if any of them is implemented.

Best regards.

Waldemar Haszlakiewicz

Posted: 10/24/2017 02:51:14

Thanks Bogdan

I give a big thumbs up for the 2nd option as it would be the fastest way to move/resize a window.

Best regards
Waldemar

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/27/2018 09:20:34

Hello, Waldemar

Now the second idea of having short-cut for specific sub-tile would be awesome too and of course the fastest way to move the window around
I'm glad to notify you that the requested feature has been implemented in the latest version of Actual Window Manager 8.13.1 and in our other products providing this functionality as well.

Best regards.

Waldemar Haszlakiewicz

Posted: 10/03/2018 14:22:12

Hi Bogdan

I've just come back from the trip and have tested it and it's AWEEEESOOOOOOMEEEEEEEEE. :D :D :D

A BIIG thanks for the feature, it will really speed up things. :)

Stay cool. :)

Waldemar

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register