Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «New Option: Delay execution of application rule » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 2930

Michael Blackkatt

Posted: 03/28/2017 01:16:36

SETUP
Win 10 x64
AWG 8.10.1
Firefox 52.0.1 (64-bit)

Hi guys!

As the topic says, I would like to see an option to add a delay before a rule is applied. In order to give any add-ons/extension for an application time to finish.

Why?
I use Firefox with an add-on called "Session Manager" with it, I save the last session every time Firefox exits. Then restore that session automatically at launch. Please note, this add-on also saves location and size of Firefox.

AWG uses Window class + Window caption + Program to detect your application. This method works for most programs.

However...
Because of this limitation my "AWG Firefox rule" is applied before the mention add-on has finished with restoring the previous session/location/size of Firefox! Then you might think, well what's the problem if this add-on restores location/size. Sadly it's flawed and doesn't do it right, the whole reason I made a "AWG Firefox rule" in the first place.

I've tried all it all!
First I tried to use "Run keyboard macro" where (Ctrl+Alt+S) reapplies my AWG rules after a couple of seconds. This works, but there is a bug with "Run keyboard macro" where it keeps running indefinitely in the background. Remove the delay you'll see. If this is because I use a "built-in" hotkeys or for some other reason I dunno.

My "Feature Requests" would work around all the above issues.

Update:
I've manage to delay the rule by using a more precise Window caption rule

.* - Mozilla Firefox - \(Current Session: .*\)

The above does not show until the session is completely loaded, so this gives me that delay. However, added delay support would be the better solution.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/30/2017 20:30:55

Hello, Michael

As the topic says, I would like to see an option to add a delay before a rule is applied.
We'll consider your request and will post here when/if the feature is implemented.

This works, but there is a bug with "Run keyboard macro" where it keeps running indefinitely in the background.
Could you clarify what exactly is running in the background? Describe the problem more detailed, please.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register