Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Snap only to dividers, not to adjoining screen borders » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 2295

David P
Advanced user

Posted: 06/01/2016 20:57:43

Hi forum and AT team,

is it possible to create a divider layout that (vertically) only has the actual dividers, and does NOT have additional dividers along the adjoining vertical edges the monitors?

User added an image

I.e. only the two vertical dividers on monitors 1 and 3 but no dividers along the two adjoining monitor edge pairs?

Thanks already for a reply!

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/02/2016 13:07:53

Hello, David

is it possible to create a divider layout that (vertically) only has the actual dividers, and does NOT have additional dividers along the adjoining vertical edges the monitors?
Unfortunately, for now there is no such ability in our software. But we'll consider this as a feature request.

Best regards.

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 06/02/2016 18:23:19

David, it would be great if you explain what you need such ability for. Thank you!

David P
Advanced user

Posted: 06/03/2016 15:19:41

Hi Alex and thanks for your message,

I use three 4K monitors in a side-by-side configuration. On the middle monitor, most of the time I have a program running that covers the entire monitor and additionally 20% of the two adjoining monitors' widths.

The below screenshot shows the situation: the green lines are the adjoining monitors borders, and the purple line shows the size of the central program's window.

User added an image

Therefore it would be great to have the ability to snap program windows to an area that is larger than a single monitor.

Or put another way, I'd like my three (identical) monitors to behave like if the middle monitor was wider than the two monitors at the sides, by annexing two inner screen estate stripes of the two outer monitors to the middle monitor, as shown in the sketch above.

Best Regards
David

David P
Advanced user

Posted: 06/06/2016 15:01:04

On a related note, is it possible to have a keyboard shortcut that moves a window not to the next monitor but to the next screen divider field?

You can see from my questions that I am moving away from thinking and working on "monitors" to thinking and working in "desktop divider areas".

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/09/2016 01:21:36

David,

is it possible to have a keyboard shortcut that moves a window not to the next monitor but to the next screen divider field?
There are the hotkeys which let you quickly move a window within the current Desktop Divider layout. By default the key combination for this action is Win+Ctrl+Shift+<Corresponding arrow key>.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register