Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Better support for ConEMU Quake style console emulator , Increased support » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 4622

Adam Chapman

Posted: 11/26/2015 16:24:32

I am using the excellent terminal emulator ConEMU, which is freely available at

https://conemu.github.io/

I am trying to get AWM to control the behaviour of the terminal but ConEmu seems to behave in a quirky manner.

I have dual screen and using a virtual desktop. I have ConEmu autostarting with Windows and am trying to minimise the window upon opening. ConEmu has no ability to minimise itself on startup. When I use AWM to control minimise on start ConEmu closes and opens again.

Using F11 to toggle the min/maximisation of ConEmu is also quirky with AWM active. Sometimes it behaves as normal, other times the window minimises then immediately maximises again and I have to press F11 again to minimise it.

Would be great if you can help me configure ConEmu to behave correctly. I have enclosed my config.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/34y6csr2i3rcdbo/awmsettings.zip?dl=0

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/18/2015 01:48:11

Hello, Adam

Sorry for the delay.

The Open as Minimized feature work properly for the ConEmu window, while it's in the standard window mode, but when it's in Quake style mode, the window first rolls down, then rolls up which means it's being minimized. This happens due to peculiarity of the ConEmu window in this mode - it uses animation. Animation time by default is 300 ms, and it can be adjusted. If you don't want the window to roll down then roll up, set the animation time to 0 ms.

How were you able to use F11 to toggle fullscreen? As i see, with the default settings for this program F11 doesn't do anything.

Best regards.

Adam Chapman

Posted: 01/07/2016 16:47:55

Thanks for taking the time to look at ConEMU. I have set the animation time to 0 and will test it.

I had reassigned the keyboard shortcut. I failed to mention that, sorry :P

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register