Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Live previews from minimised windows , Is there a way to update the preview on hover over minimised windows? » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 2107

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 08/27/2015 15:14:55

I've been trying to figure out a way to have a load of terminal windows (PuTTY) minimised to screen so they take up little space, but be able to 'see' if their respective jobs have finished. I can see enough from the thumbnail which pops up when you hover over the minimised icon, but it seems those aren't updated unless the window is also visible on the screen. I tried moving the windows to a secondary desktop, but then the pop-up thumbnails vanish completely.

I also tried making the window invisible, but then it's hard to get back, and is still 'on the screen' - if it gets focus, it will respond to keyboard events, etc. which isn't always ideal when you can't see what you've typed :)

Is there some way of configuring things I've missed that would make the thumbnail preview 'live' even when the window isn't on the screen?

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 09/07/2015 09:47:29

Hello David,

Thanks for the post.

We'll consider this request and inform you if/when it will be implemented in our products.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register