Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Small quality-of-life feature requests for AMM. » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 2332

xeal

Posted: 07/09/2015 10:28:39

Hello. I would like to suggest three small features for the Actual Multiple Monitors program.

1. Ability to sync the Background slideshow to the computer clock (so background would change at 12:00, 12:30, and so on for example). Microsoft Windows 7 does this by default, which is a surprisingly nice feature when you lose track of time.

2. Option for a stickier mouse when pushing out into your extended desktop/other monitors. A few other multiple monitor programs seem to do this, and would be nice to have on AMM. This option would be a good middle ground between default setting and mouse lock, as it would require users to use extra effort to push out into another monitor, preventing accidental mouse movement into your extended desktop.

3. Pinned icons on main taskbar is mirrored over to your other monitors for Mixed mode (or option to do so). I would like to quickly open up another browser or a spreadsheet while in another monitor without having to Mirror my whole taskbar from my primary screen.

Thank you.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 07/14/2015 11:50:18

Hello Xeal,

Thanks for the post.

1. Ability to sync the Background slideshow to the computer clock (so background would change at 12:00, 12:30, and so on for example). Microsoft Windows 7 does this by default, which is a surprisingly nice feature when you lose track of time.
3. Pinned icons on main taskbar is mirrored over to your other monitors for Mixed mode (or option to do so). I would like to quickly open up another browser or a spreadsheet while in another monitor without having to Mirror my whole taskbar from my primary screen.
- We'll consider these feature requests and inform you if/when they will be implemented in our products.

2. Option for a stickier mouse when pushing out into your extended desktop/other monitors. A few other multiple monitor programs seem to do this, and would be nice to have on AMM. This option would be a good middle ground between default setting and mouse lock, as it would require users to use extra effort to push out into another monitor, preventing accidental mouse movement into your extended desktop.
- Did you try the "Tight monitor boundaries" feature (Actual Multiple Monitors -> Mouse -> Multiple Monitors -> Tight monitor boundaries)?

xeal

Posted: 07/26/2015 01:32:55

- Did you try the "Tight monitor boundaries" feature (Actual Multiple Monitors -> Mouse -> Multiple Monitors -> Tight monitor boundaries)?

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for!

EDIT: This feature doesn't seem to work with games in Borderless Windowed Mode. I've just tried playing Elite: Dangerous and the mouse wouldn't stick. Then I closed it and tried opening Guild Wars 2, and as soon as my character loaded in, the mouse wouldn't stick and would slide right into another display.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/05/2015 16:36:22

xeal,

EDIT: This feature doesn't seem to work with games in Borderless Windowed Mode. I've just tried playing Elite: Dangerous and the mouse wouldn't stick. Then I closed it and tried opening Guild Wars 2, and as soon as my character loaded in, the mouse wouldn't stick and would slide right into another display.
- I was unable to reproduce the issue with Elite: Dangerous. Could you send us your configuration files (Actual Multiple Monitors -> Tools -> Configuration -> Send to Tech Support) and provide a step by step description of how to reproduce the issue?

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register