Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Forum Topic Status Needed , Ability for Actual Tools Customer Service and Original Poster » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 3481

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 10/09/2014 19:25:54

Whenever possible I like to stay on top of any posting topic I've created to make sure it has the following simple/basic workflow:

1. My concern has been acknowledged by Actual Tools Customer Service as an existing and reproducible problem.

2. Known problems or concerns have been resolved.

Currently there is no way to intuitively identify these threads. I find value as an end-user to have the ability to immediately identify threads for which have been acknowledged by the developers as a defect which needs to be corrected (fr om their perspective). It is also valuable to quickly identify concerns which have been resolved. When there are few postings that exist the management or review is easy, yet over time it can become quickly a quagmire to find, identify, what the status is of anything when a standard system for reporting and identification doesn't exist.

The above doesn't address the same concerns for enhancements which have been acknowledged by Actual Tools as having value and put into some kind of a queue or valid concept pool wh ere customers could review. It helps with fueling the natural human ability to brainstorm when you see 'valid' ideas or think of new ways when you are introduced to something you might not have considered before. It also helps in potentially having posting of the same or effectively very close in concept ideas, concerns, or observations.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
Lars

Sincerely,
Lars

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 10/10/2014 22:16:18

We will consider your request, Lars. Thank you!

Best regards.

support@actualtools.com

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 10/14/2014 04:44:36

We will consider your request, Lars. Thank you!
Alexander, Thanks, I'm just trying to assist everyone by there being a method where Actual Tool clients/customers can immediately review forum threads and identify those which have been SOLVED/RESOLVED, acknowledged as a BUG/DEFECT, or acknowledged as an item on your TODO list of enhancements. My perspective is it helps not wasting time, helps when you are looking for a concern close to what has already been posted. Having a method for the originator of a thread to indicate they perceived the concern is resolved. With the thread being closed to new positing where appropriate. All of these things would be visually obvious by looking at the forum summaries. To me it is all about "everyone" being able to quickly identify the 'status' of any thread so their time can be spent on other activities.

Sincerely,
Lars

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 10/22/2014 18:49:38

Thank you, Lars!

I find it useful, too. Just wanted to admit that in case the issues discussed in the thread differ from the original issue posted by topic starter, it may lead to confusion, so we have to keep topics like that with no status.

Best regards!

support@actualtools.com

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 11/02/2014 10:42:17

Agreed.

Sincerely,
Lars

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics