Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «"Set as Background" feature , Setting any window as desktop background » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 9600

Diam0nd Diam0nd

Posted: 04/23/2007 20:04:12

Is there any chance you could implement as feature into AWM that would allow to set any window as desktop background.

I for instance do FOREX trading and it would simply be HUGE to be able to make set my terminal as desktop background so I don't have to switch to it everytime I need to have a look. Also I have some other programs that I could use such a feature for.

I really do think that this would make AWM even more unique and competitive, since I've been looking for a program that could allow me to do this, but I couldn't find ANY, unfortunately.

Well, anyhow, thanks in advance in any case! :)

Kindest regards,
Diam0nd.

P.S. A most common example of this could be found in many media players, where it is possible to set a playing movie as background. So I guess it can be done. Just a random example, BSPlayer: http://www.bsplayer.org/

AWM v6.5 B2, REGISTERED

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/24/2007 05:08:30

Hello,

Thank you for your feature request. I have registered it in our to-do list. Now you can apply feature called "Pin to desktop", you can find the additional information on the issue here. Good luck in your business.

Diam0nd Diam0nd

Posted: 04/24/2007 14:05:50

Michael Rezvanov wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for your feature request. I have registered it in our to-do list. Now you can apply feature called "Pin to desktop", you can find the additional information on the issue here. Good luck in your business.                                                        
Hi there!

Thanks for your answer and considering my suggestion! :D The "Pin to desktop" feature is great, but MY problem with it is that when in pinned mode it still allows me to interact with the program. Meaning that sometimes I accidentially move windows, or press buttons on a panel, etc. In other words when I use desktop (move stuff, etc.) I accidentially press on stuff and interact with the "pinned" application. What I would like to see is NO interaction, since I only want to monitor and not interact :)

Well, anyhow if this "tweak" to existing Pin to desktop could be implemented (well, not simply tweaking of course, but an additional Set as background feature), it could be so so great! :))

Kindest regards and all the best,
Diam0nd.

AWM v6.5 B2, REGISTERED

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 04/24/2007 22:21:30

Diam0nd, such "tweak" is already implemented: just combine the Pin-to-Desktop feature with the Ghost feature - and you'll achieve the required window behavior.

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 12/23/2009 03:11:37

Dear Diam0nd,

Let me know if Alexey's advice has helped you to solve the problem or not. Thank you!

E-mail: support@actualtools.com

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register