Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Multiple Monitor Background Profiles Scheduler , feature to allow you to set up profiles for easy changes » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 2536

Derek Smith

Posted: 03/30/2014 10:30:20

I currently have a desktop in my basement that is part of a 6 monitor setup that I have since installing Windows 8 I always assumed that they had made vast improvements to multiple-monitors since Windows 7 and that I wouldn't need any 3rd party program then the other day downloading DisplayLink drivers I saw a link to try actual multiple monitors so I clicked on and started to check it out the more I looked around I started seeing some of the other features that you were offering and saw I could get your whole package for a great discount which I know is a sales tactics that probably sells a whole lot of the Actual Windows Manager software. On top of that you were offering it for free so I decided to take it for a test drive and as soon as I right clicked on the multiple monitors icon on the title bar and it gave me the option to click on a screen and move what ever was open over to that screen I knew that I wanted to buy your product. I just had some extra time today so I poked around and started playing around with the configuration and was pleased to find some of the other fascinating features available. While I was configuring the desktop back ground I started a slideshow on all six monitors using different themed image folders which was cool but I though if you could add a scheduler to the desktop profile feature so I could pick 6 themes for every day of the week and then schedule the profile to automatically rotate this would be a cool and powerful feature that would enhance peoples customization of Windows. I know I can just make multiple profiles and run them myself on a different day with just a click of a button but the automation would make it a no effort change beyond the configuration. This would probably be possible fr om the Windows Task Scheduler but I am unsure wh ere the profiles would be found. Any way thanks for listening.

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 04/04/2014 15:55:41

Hello Derek,

Thank you for the interesting post.

To get the scheduled change of profiles, you can combine Windows Task Scheduler with the ability to apply a profile from the command line.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register