Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Esc to close active window » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 9577

Scott
Advanced user

Posted: 03/16/2007 20:21:30

I have always appreciated applications that are designed so that windows (parent and/or child) can be closed with the Esc key.  But most applications do not do this, even when it is sensible and possible.

So, this request is to have a feature that allows one to have a WM_CLOSE issued upon pressing the Esc key.

As a sub-feature to this, perhaps an additional option to confirm the window closure (e.g. "Are you sure you want to close this window?").

Thank you for reading.

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/19/2007 05:45:38

Hello Scott,

I`ve added your request to our to-do list, it will be implemented in our future versions.

Xahi 4475

Posted: 05/26/2007 20:13:46

If you implement this feature it will be useful for me when I use for Internet Explorer downloads. I need to use prevent close download. Currently I use rule for preventing close download when I press Close button but when I press accidentaly ESC or "Cancel" download will be stopped. Maybe you can add feature to prevent closing window if you press accidentaly "Cancel" and ESC. :D

-----
Actual Window Manager, ShellToys, Macro Express, AdMuncher,
gMote, DMEXBar, AutoHotkey...

Robert Rayner

Posted: 08/12/2007 00:03:39

This will be a handy feature, but MUST be optional as a lot of users including myself use the ESC key in IE to stop pages from loading large graphics, and certainly don't want the window to close instead.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register