Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[SOLVED] AMM - Activate window on mouse over improvement » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 4740

Frank Gump

Posted: 12/30/2013 05:59:55

First, thank you for adding a great new feature to AMM which allows a window to be activated on mouse hover!  However, I was a bit disappointed with this as it doesn't activate the actual window (or panel) inside of a window.  For example, I would LOVE if this would activate the panel inside of Windows Explorer so I could use the scroll wheel for the window/panel that my mouse is in.  Currently, I have to always click on a file and then scroll.  Likewise to scroll the panel/list on the left with all my folder locations/drives, etc.

Would it be possible to please add this feature to the window activation on mouse hover?  Thank you again.

Kindest Regards,
Nelson

Alexander Salnikov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/05/2014 22:07:22

Hello Frank,

Could you please explain or send or screenshot of "the actual window (or panel) inside of a window.".

Any questions?Mail to support@actualtools.com!

Frank Gump

Posted: 01/10/2014 04:42:23

It's the panels inside of Windows Explorer.  You have to click on one of the files in order to scroll the list (if it's off the screen) and vice-versa to scroll the drives list on the left.  Windows simply does not detect which area in Windows Explorer the mouse is over to allow the scroll wheel to work.  It would be nice to implement the functionality similar to WizMouse (http://antibody-software.com/web/software/software/wizmouse-makes-your-mouse-wheel-work-on-the-window-under-the-mouse/)

Your solution brings the window to focus after the delay and/or bring that activated window to the top.  A nice option would be to simply allow the scroll wheel to be used over the area where it can be used.

Not sure if a screenshot is really needed as I'm referring to the default Windows Explorer that comes with Windows.

Thanks again,

Frank

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/16/2014 19:25:13

Hello Frank,

The feature you need is the "Scroll inactive windows with the mouse wheel" feature (Actual Window Manager -> Mouse -> Drag and Scroll -> Scroll inactive windows with the mouse wheel).

Best regards.

Frank Gump

Posted: 01/19/2014 09:28:47

Thank you very much Vasiliy!  I didn't even know these feature was already there!  Wonderful!  :D

Kindest Regards,
Frank

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register