Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «RegEx / Wildcard, Window Feature matching for Window Classes » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 2375

Kris Dages

Posted: 12/02/2013 06:14:24

Would really like to be able to be able to match window classes by partial string or expression matching.  I'd also like to be able to include/exclude windows based on feature flags, such as child windows, popups, etc.  I have a ridiculous amount of specific exclusions / inclusions for subclasses of very common window types that are specific to every program on my machine.  It sort of defeats the purpose of having default settings when I can't have them apply by default to top-level windows and not every dialog / context menu window that developers dream up.

Alexander Salnikov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 12/02/2013 11:28:03

Good day Kris,

Could you please make some moments clear?
Firstly, "Would really like to be able to be able to match window classes by partial string or expression matching"-in which way you want window classes to be matched?
Also,"I'd also like to be able to include/exclude windows based on feature flags, such as child windows, popups, etc"-you can do it by using standart criterias (Window Class,Window Caption,Program)

Any questions?Mail to support@actualtools.com!

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register