Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Where is the option for PREVIOUS - NEXT Monitor? , Title Buttons missing Previous - Next Option » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 2457

Don Chino

Posted: 11/05/2013 10:24:39

I noticed that in the options there is a Title Button called "Move to Monitor" and in status it says "<next>", but there is no way to create PREVIOUS. This is a problem in of itself but then how do we create buttons that implement multiple functions, such as MOVE TO NEXT MONITOR IN THE UPPER RIGHT CORNER AND MINIMIZE TO 50% ?!

This is not currently possible, because MOVE TO MONITOR 1, 2, or 3 DOES NOT WORK since you can have different Monitor Numbers on different machines. HOW YOU SAY? Well, some of us are using Windows To Go, which means our Windows Workspace runs off a USB Drive and we can connect to any HUNDREDS of different machines with different monitor setups. Therefore, this static assignment by number is WRONG and does not work for the future where we will ALL have mobile workspaces, so monitor numbers will change.

You MUST now have PRIMARY, PREVIOUS, NEXT, LEFT OF PRIMARY, RIGHT OF PRIMARY along with the number options...

Thanks and please fix ASAP!!!

8)

Alexander Salnikov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 11/08/2013 19:34:14

Hi Don,

The idea seems to be usefull. I will add it to our database.
Still I think that "LEFT OF PRIMARY, RIGHT OF PRIMARY" functions will not be usefull.But this is only my opinion

Thank you for your idea

Any questions?Mail to support@actualtools.com!

Don Chino

Posted: 11/09/2013 03:00:32

8)

That is because YOU and over 90% of the world have not used Windows 8 To Go yet, so they do not know what they are missing out on.

It is basically Linux LIVE, so now you can carry a USB drive ANY where to use on ANY machine and have a mobile Windows 8 Workspace.

Windows 8 has been out for almost a year, but I only recently started to use WTG and now I am "hooked" because I literally leave laptops or workstations everywhere and just "plug in" when I come in.

THE PROBLEM with this is that programs like Actual Windows Manager identifies monitors by NUMBERS, when WTG might renumber Monitors based on the machine you are sitting at, so now Actual needs to be "smart" and prepare for this by instead providing LOGICAL placement - like LEFT OF PRIMARY, RIGHT OF PRIMARY, NEXT MONITOR, PREVIOUS MONITOR, etc...

So to EVERYONE out there, try Windows To Go and you will get addicted and NEVER want to go back...

I will be back when these options are available, because others have the same problem like DisplayFusion...

:evil:

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register