New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 21 - 29 of 29
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Disable AWM Alt+Tab in favour of Windows Alt+Tab » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 31884

aph
Advanced user

Posted: 03/30/2014 18:09:00

No problem, glad I could help.

After about a week it's looking very stable to me and the overall footprint is quite a bit smaller in memory too. I can stil use the AWM taskbar to keep my toolbars out of the way. All the other features I tried also work fine including clock, start button, moving windows and all the menu options.

There is one exception though which is the systray or notification area, which won't load when it's clicked fr om the menu. I guess there is a depdency on that DLL, but I'm still a little surpriseed since everything else works so well, of course its main purpose of showing a list of the programs on that screen working perfectly fine.

So after using it, I have no hesitations suggesting the approach as a quick fix. I do intend to get back to finishing up that one line solution (finding wh ere I stored my progress likely being half the task.) I figure in the meantime it's easy enough to deny permissions manually to keep it from loading and causing that problem.

Also in case anyone reading this since the thread started, 8.1.3. was released but has not yet addressed this issue so still relevant to the current version as of this post

aph
Advanced user

Posted: 04/14/2014 10:01:34

Win8.1 Update1 broke 7+TaskbarTweaker so I switched to AWM taskbar but needed the extra functionality. To get it and keep away the Alt Tab taking over, a modification to the files is necessary:

- Download HxD and run as admin so you can make changes in the Program Files folder without moving files back and forth.
- Open aimemb64.dll and do a UNICODE search for alttab
- There will be 2 or 3 matches. When you get to each, sel ect a bit before until you've got the whole block selected then right click and Fill with Zeroes

That's it you're done. Copy the dll somewhere before, or just reinstall if you forget and mess up. Or get it fr om File History. Anyway this is quick and easy if you've ever done any hex editing. Otherwise take it slow.

One of the blocks has [ ] around it so don't miss those.

Maybe next version......

aph
Advanced user

Posted: 04/14/2014 17:33:19

Had another chance to look at this with 8.1.4 out. Not sure if anything changed in this DLL but generaly the hex offsets are specific to each version.

In 8.1.4 that's 18C727-1909ca. Just hit ctrl+g and paste the first offset, hold shift and press down arrow twice and you'll be right near the end, press right once if needed to close off the string that ends in "hook". Then right click, press F to fill, look to see if it says 00's, then hit OK and save.

Only removing the key hook is needed. Why they would take over alt-tab like that, I have no idea how that could ever make sense when the whole idea of this program is customization. Well here is that customization :-)

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 04/15/2014 22:45:30

The option to disable the Actual Task Switcher in Windows 8/8.1 is added and will be available in the next update.

Frank Gerrits

Posted: 04/15/2014 23:02:56

Thanks!

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 04/30/2014 18:19:52

Hello, Gents!

Dear aph, these issues you wrote about:
Bug 1: Step 1 above, then rght click mouse button
Expected effect: none, actual effect, flickering or disappearing icons. Thumbnails not affected

Bug 2: Step then hotkey activation of window resize by mouse movement
Expected beh * avior: Either none or resizing of the window and its contents
Actual beh * avior: Contents stay where they are but the solid background color alternatively clips o the foreground contents or resizes only on its s own leaving floating icons and tuhmbnails on to

Bug 3: Same as above but activating window movement by hotkey.
Expected beh * avior: Either nothing, or movement of the window
Actual beh * avior: Background and thumbnails move but icons stay until button lifts, they flicker off and then turn back on to show where the should have been when the thumbnails moved

Bug 4: Psychadelic backgorund effects by combinations of the above,. Sometimes pulling in black, white, gray in circular shapes or arcs, with icons and thumbnails scattered in throughout the desktp and the bakground floating indepndently. Takes experimentation and practice to reproduce, not sure o a specific process that will replicate it consistently and not too interestde in finding one...

and this one:
AWM Alt+Tab ignores the setting and uses the long pause that is the default.

The steps to reproduce are holding down Alt+Tab.

The expected behavior is the short delay being respected. The current behavior is a long delay.
have been confirmed and are going to be investigated and fixed.

We will also consider this:
There are at least 8 other system parameters that Alt+Tab reads and AWM ignores. These include the values of the number of rows per window, columns per window, thumbnail size, icon size and position, title text size, various different settings for margins and more. About half a dozen tools can change these very easily with no requirement for the user to have any technical knowledge. But the nice and large thumbnails don't show up in the AWM Alt+Tab.
as a feature request.

We appreciate your concern about Actual Tools products' improvement.
Best regards.

support@actualtools.com

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 05/13/2014 21:43:24

Hello, Gents!

We're glad to inform you that the issue with Task Switcher and Keyboard Repeat Delay/Rate has been fixed and the fix will be available in the next update.

Best regards.

support@actualtools.com

aph
Advanced user

Posted: 05/16/2014 15:32:26

Excellent news, thanks you very much Alexander. Very happy this was resolved!

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 05/16/2014 19:26:10

Gentlemen,

the problem with flickering or disappearing icons on an Actual Window Manager Task Switcher has been fixed as well as the issue with using a Make the entire window area responsive to dragging/sizing feature on Actual Window Manager Task Switcher. The fixes will be available in an upcoming update.

Best regards.

support@actualtools.com

Messages 21 - 29 of 29
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login