Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Push window under cursor down by one "level" » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 2531

Steve Kalide
Advanced user

Posted: 10/27/2013 04:01:56

A feature I would love is:

-Ability to push a window downward by one "level" -- and even better -- the ability to push a window that's currently under the mouse cursor down by one level.

Why? Well, because I often have to jump between many different programs and windows constantly. To do this, I have to tediously "juggle" between windows that climb on top of each other for focus.

For example, if I have two Notepads open that each take up half the screen, and then a browser window open that takes up most of the screen, to switch from the full-screened browser back so the two Notepad windows are on top, I have to ALT-TAB twice to bring each Notepad back to the top... and I have to do this every single time I bring the browser window back to the top.

Two options I've been using to make this a bit easier:

1.) I've set a keyboard shortcut for "Send to bottom". So when I want to get to windows behind another window, I press the keyboard shortcut. This is a *great* feature, but it's more suited for use on windows that you won't need to use for a while, to get them out of the way.

Regardless, I still use it now, as it's the best available option. In the example above, I would "Send to bottom" the fullscreen browser window, which then reveals the two Notepad windows behind it. Then when I want to bring the browser back to the top, I ALT-TAB in "reverse" (SHIFT-ALT-TAB), which jumps back to the furthest bottom window (which is now the browser), and bring it back up to the top.

With this method, I only have to ALT-TAB once, compared with having to do it twice the other way.

2.) I've also set a keyboard shortcut for "Roll up". So in the example above, I'd press the shortcut while viewing the browser window, which rolls up the window so I can see what's behind it.

The issue with this is still having to ALT-TAB back to the browser window in order to unroll it. OR, having to navigate to the window with the mouse cursor, click inside it, and then unroll it -- a bit of extra work.

Ideally, I'd love a shortcut to push any window downward by one "level". And further, the ability to push any window that's under the cursor down by one level.

Win7/Win8.1 Pro (x64)
AWM 8.3b2

Alexander Salnikov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 10/28/2013 20:53:44

Hello Steve,

Could you please explain me what do you mean under "push a windows downward by one "level" " Do you mean that windows should be shown as a cascade but their captions should be on-top?

Any questions?Mail to support@actualtools.com!

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register