New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 11 - 15 of 15
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Stop Windows from juggling displays? » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 7080

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/30/2016 12:28:07

Fabian,

Could you do the following: open the configuration module (Start menu > All programs > Actual Window Manager > Configuration) and exit AWM leaving only the configuration module open (either via AWM tray icon menu > Exit or via the configuration module > Tools > Control Center > Exit AWM). Then set the background pictures to every monitor, set static pictures for a start, press Apply, make sure that these changes are applied. Then close the configuration window and make your PC go to sleep mode. See whether the problem persists upon coming back from sleep mode.

Fabian La maestra

Posted: 05/31/2016 12:43:00

OK I tried this exactly and noticed the issue is still present without AWM, yet the window-background re-positioning start-up sequence from sleep mode is much faster.  The desktops all re-position in about 1/4 of the time without AWM.

Quick note, if I set the AWM slideshow on my 4k-monitor backgrounds to show the next image every few seconds [instead of every minute], the recovery sequence on login is much faster, sort of like AWM is forcing the OS to reset the displays. Not sure this is a good solution for me since I don't need my backgrounds to switch that fast, as this would be distracting.

Given that AWM then appears to be able to force the reset quickly, I wonder if AWM can somehow tell the video system to refresh backgrounds on login, or lock them in place, so they all snap back quickly on login.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/01/2016 14:53:32

Fabian,

The reason this behavior happens is that the system re-connects your 4K monitors, because after going to sleep mode it sees them like disconnected, although they're physically connected. This is how the OS works, we can't change it. But we can implement a delay in changing the background picture upon the returning from sleep mode in our background slideshow, which will reduce the time of this behaviour to the mentioned 1/4 of the usual time. Unfortunately, this is caused by the system and for now there's no way we can influence this.

We'll try to implement this soon and maybe it will be available in the next version of the program.

Fabian La maestra

Posted: 06/02/2016 09:02:30

I agree that this would be a great addition to your product. Thanks again for working so closely with your end users, you have a great product and I am very happy I bought it.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/02/2016 18:54:02

Fabian, thank you for choosing our product and for high appreciation of our work!

Messages 11 - 15 of 15
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register