Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Can the Spanner Button go Into the Grouping Button? , To save limited title bar space... » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 9007

David Tong

Posted: 01/25/2007 10:18:07

The spanner button on the title bar is handy occasionally, but not often enough to justify the space it takes up.  (At least that's my view).

Could you make it work like other buttons and let it live inside the Grouping button?

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 01/26/2007 03:30:11

I doubt it has the sense. The "Manage Window Settings" button was provided just as an alternative for the "Manage Window Settings" system menu option. So if you don't want to have this button all the time then you should simply disable it but leave the mentioned above window menu item enabled to still have the quick access to settings management options.

David Tong

Posted: 02/12/2007 08:44:35

Thanks.  That's what I've ended up doing.

At the time I was having trouble persuading AWM to ignore some small advisory windows.  These windows didn't have an entry in the Task Bar so I couldn't access "Manage Window Settings" by right-clicking there.  

I hadn't realised you can also do it by right-clicking on the Title Bar...

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 02/12/2007 09:14:18

By the way, this way of window settings management is illustrated by our recently released online demo (see the news of January 19, 2007). :)

In addition, you can also access the window system menu by left-clicking on the icon in the left of the Title Bar. ;)

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register