Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «dynamic desktop divider is by far essential! i think » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 3766

zl::drq

Posted: 05/17/2013 01:35:15

i'm wondering there is no feature like "dynamic desktop divider"
let me try to explain.
to the moment there is only one opportunity to draw the greed: deep inside configurator. also, the idea to change layouts only by switching premade ones seems not very convinient, comfortable and in the end very useful
what i suggest is to integrate "divide mode" right into usual working process. in that case, windows that are socketed to divider grids will stretch accordingly and together with grids themselves.
actually it may be two modes:
mode 1. simple, "always on". in that case, when cursor is hovering (invisible) divider line (which has at list one window in adjacent cells), you press left mouse button (cursor takes form of splitter cursor like <-||-> for vertical divider) and drag the divider. the behavior is much like those splitters we have in most software. but it is not regions of some window who are splitted, it is windows, 'glued' with each other, themselves
when you have 3 or 4 divider lines meet in one point and click there, cursor became crossed 4 way arrows and you can move the dividers in 2 demensions, resizing 3 or 4 grids at a time accordingly.
mode 2: much like he first, but requirement about at least one adjancent cell must contain at least one window is not there any more: when this mode is turned on by user, all divider lines become visible. the very window that you get when press "edit tiles" button (in "desktop divider" submenu in application configurator) is appearing fullscreen, 70% trensperent. so you may resize, remove and add grids. windows, that are nested into greeds behave themselves accordingly to their parents. when adding grid, window stays nested in one of newly created grids in such case, or if there are two windows or more, they evenly destrebuted betwin new greeds. when greed is being deleted, window becomes orphan. then you may save this result to the new layer, or dont save at all, just shut mode off and keep using the result

i hope you've understood my cloudy explanation and we will see this feature as soon as possible! ^^
you cant disagree, it will be DAMN COOL. just think about whole new level of control over windows in 1st mode (splitters, mofo!) and increased desktop divider usability, that second one gives you!

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/29/2013 16:29:15

Hello zl::drq

Thank you for the message.

We'll consider your request.

Best regards.

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 12/11/2015 23:37:51

The ability to resize simultaneously the adjacent windows snapped to each other is finally available in the just released 8.7 beta 1. Although it doesn't affect the current tile layout, it allows you to adjust windows put into tiles consistently and therefore is very close to your request. Please check it out.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register