Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Default "Block until ready" for all windows » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 2369

Steve Kalide
Advanced user

Posted: 03/15/2013 15:03:08

Is it possible to have the option to block a window from appearing till it's ready be a default system-wide selectable option?

It seems that it can only be enabled on a specific per-app basis (under the Specific section). It would be nice if I could check it up top and make it the default for all programs and windows.

In the meantime, I have to keep manually adding specific entries onto the list, one by one, as the problem of windows "flashing" on the wrong monitor for a second before jumping to the correct monitor with the mouse pointer.

Thanks

Win7/Win8.1 Pro (x64)
AWM 8.3b2

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 03/16/2013 03:28:20

Hello Steve,

You are probably referring to "Block premature appearance of window", right? I had not noticed yet that that option is not present in the default settings. Also, now I understand why sometimes I see a window flashing before being moved to the desired monitor and other times not. It depends on whether there is a specific setting for that window or not. Sharp observation Steve! I do agree with you that, if technically possible, there should also be the option to block the premature appearance of windows in the default settings. Bogdan, is there a specific reason why this option is not present in the default settings?

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/20/2013 19:47:08

Hello Gentlemen

The reason why the Block premature appearance of window isn't available in the default settings - to avoid possible conflicts with some programs (generally upon such conflicts the program window doesn't show up or its appearance is corrupted).

We'll consider the adding of this option into default settings maybe with some warning.

Best regards.

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 03/21/2013 03:23:53

Hello Bogdan,

The reason why the Block premature appearance of window isn't available in the default settings - to avoid possible conflicts with some programs (generally upon such conflicts the program window doesn't show up or its appearance is corrupted).
I already thought something like that would be the reason.

We'll consider the adding of this option into default settings maybe with some warning.
Thanks!

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register