Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Show desktop under drag file with mouse » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 3920

_pi

Posted: 02/26/2013 16:00:03

i very often drag files to my second screen where i have custom desktop icons for processing files.

i need a place where i can hover with mouse selection and show related desktop.
your taskbar most likely already makes hit-test, so why not hide all (main) windows while mouse selection is on free areas?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/28/2013 00:17:33

Hello _pi

What about hovering the mouse pointer over the Show Desktop button while dragging something?

Best regards

_pi

Posted: 03/08/2013 15:04:36

i use quickmacros for most of my desktop macro scripting and when i drag a link over your desktop area, then
a qm macro with trigger [win][d] is starting.

i have my taskbars vertical, so moving to down under the tiny area not really is convenient.

what about an optional desktop button for drop?
maybe the trick is to have an exe with hidden dialog starting with windows and start on second screen?
exe gets the desktop icon and shows desktop whenever mouse with selection is over it.
on mouse out restore.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/19/2013 02:35:37

Hello _pi

Hotkeys like Win+M or Win+D don't suit your need, right?

So, how do you want it to be implemented? Do you want it to be drag-over-sensitive area which can be placed in any place of the desktop and minimize all the windows on the corresponding monitor when dragging the mouse pointer with the object over it and not use the Win+D function because of quickmacros?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register