Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Audio Devices Assigned To Specific Monitors » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 5747

Andrew Walker

Posted: 12/22/2012 04:00:37

A very cool feature would be audio device association by monitor. If any application was opened on a specific monitor, your program could change the default audio device to that monitors pre-selected audio device.

I have a 3 monitor configuration (well 2 monitors and a TV).  My TV gets used for surfing, internet TV, and movie watching but sometimes my girlfriend uses the smaller monitor to watch movies while I'm surfing on the TV.  I am able to go into the audio output of my Power DVD and have her listen on headphones while I do other stuff on the TV with the surround sound.  The 3rd monitor is in the kitchen and used for bookkeeping, recipies, youtube video's etc.  We have 3 different audio devices on the computer; USB surround sound headphones, Fiber Optic Audio to a surround sound system, and HDMI audio out to the monitor with speakers in the kitchen.  They never all get used at the the same time and seldom are we even using 2 at a time, but switching default audio device back and forth every time we switch to a different monitor can be a pain.  

It would be nice if there was a setting in your Actual multiple monitors program that I just bought which allowed you to associate specific audio devices with specific monitors so when you opened an application on that monitor it would change to whatever default audio device you selected for that monitor.  Just a thought and it seems like from a programming standpoing a very simple thing to add.

Thanks,

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/16/2013 03:05:56

Hello Andrew.

We'll consider your request.

Best regards.

Robben Ford

Posted: 01/24/2014 10:39:45

HUGE +1 and the only big hiatus in AWM for me currently.

I bought AWM to easily send stuff to a 2nd (TV) screen for my partner, while I continue working on mon 1.

An option to assign mon 2/TV its own sound device would make everything easy.

I'm currently trying a workaround with www.indievolume.com but that's still way less convenient than a built-in AWM option.
For example, if I want to automatically send a browser's sound to the sound device of mon 2/TV, I have to think of that in advance and use a different browser that is configured that way in IndieVolume.

The ultimate for me would be:

- I send a window to mon 2/TV --> Sound device for that application is changed to TV [or ideally any sound device, assignable per application/window/...]

- I clone mon 1 to mon 2/TV --> Both monitors sound their seperately configured sound device

Thx for considering  :)

Guillaume Jobin

Posted: 01/29/2014 04:51:26

+1

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/01/2017 03:55:00

Hello, gentlemen

A very cool feature would be audio device association by monitor.
I'm glad to notify you that the requested feature has been implemented and it's available in the latest beta versions of Actual Window Manager and Actual Multiple Monitors 8.12 beta 1.

Install the beta version to try the feature yourself. It can be adjusted here: Configuration module > Multiple Monitors > Audio Switcher. Also via the Audio Switcher title button (or window menu item) for particular windows or via the respective action on appliaction's startup in specific settings for the application.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register