Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Simple monitor disable hotkey? , Ability to disable a chosen monitor via a hotkey » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 4211

Ben S

Posted: 10/10/2012 19:03:11

I'm not sure if this is already in there but I can't find it so forgive me if it is. This seems like a relatively simple feature but I couldn't see it anywhere in AMM, where you can disable any of your monitors with a hotkey. I hoped that I could create profiles where one monitor is disabled and one is active and vice versa to get around this but I didn't see any option to disable them in the profile section as well.

Also (I should probably post this in tech support) when I try to add a custom hotkey by hitting the big green + it does not "display a popup menu with the list of actions allowed for custom hotkeys." it seems to only create a hotkey for 'Move to monitor' and I see no way of editing this action. So maybe someone can help me see what I'm missing to edit the hotkey here.

Thanks. Great piece of software anyway!

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/11/2012 04:03:54

Hello Ben.

What our product (name, version) are you running?

There are two hotkeys: Disable all secondary monitors and Enable all secondary monitors, but they're disabled by default.

Best regards.

Ben S

Posted: 10/11/2012 05:23:04

Hi Bogdan,

I am using Actual Multiple Monitors 4.2 (full version). I am aware of that button but I basically need to be able to quickly switch the primary monitor OFF not the secondary monitor which is an HDTV that I use for watching shows/movies/playing games on couch. Sometimes having both monitors enabled causes my videos to be choppy when the video is panning on the secondary monitor. Also playing Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 on the secondary monitor/TV is unplayable when my main PC monitor is enabled (something to do with refresh rates I think but plays perfectly when only the secondary monitor is enabled). One work around in AMM is I have set up two profiles which basically just switches which is the primary monitor then I can use the shortcut you speak of to disable the secondary monitor, but going through all that means I might as well just use the screen resolution page in windows to do it.

So yeah I think a 'Disable monitor 1', 'Disable monitor 2' feature/hotkey which would do the same thing as selecting 'Show desktop only on 1/2' like it is called on the windows screen resolution page, would this not be a relatively simple feature to include? Maybe it is there and I have missed it though as I would have hoped AMM would have all the features windows' screens management offers.

Also, any idea how to display the popup when I click add a new item to hotkeys so I can see what custom hotkeys are available instead of it being stuck on 'move to monitor'?

Edit: So I just discovered I can use Windows' 'Win + P' hotkey to switch between displays which is more or less what I was hoping to achieve.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/17/2012 01:41:41

Hello Ben.

We'll consider your request regarding switching monitors.

For now you can make three profiles: 1 - secondary disabled, 2 - primary disabled, 3 - without changes. The third profile will give you the same result as if you didn't enable profiles.

About the adding the new hotkey - there shouldn't be the popup menu. The only action that can differs in parameters and have separate entries is "Move to monitor".

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register