Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «2 features requests , one not new, one very obscure! » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 10708

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 11/30/2006 06:02:54

I've got 2 requests:

One of them has been discussed before, but I've lost track of where it is in the pipeline - the idea of 'Rolldown' rather than 'Rollup'. I have some utility type apps (e.g. calculator) align to the bottom right of the screen, and it would be great if they would (automatically?) rolldown when not in use - so this would be a rollup followed by a _move_ down by the amount of vertical space the original window took up. Unrolldown would simply be this in reverse.

The second is more obscure, but related to the above. I have skype chat windows set to automatically rollup when they lose focus which saves an awful lot of desk space when you've got loads of people you're working with. However sometimes someone sends you something you want to see while working in another app. There's no easy way of temporarily 'fixing' that one window open while you change focus. Some kind of 'pin open' rather than 'pin ontop' feature perhaps, to prevent the autorollup from happening? But could this work for a single window rather than the whole class of windows?

Just a few thoughts...

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 12/01/2006 03:39:24

David, thank you for the suggestions. The first one is added to our wishlist, and the second one is already there (I have added a note about your request to it).

Gregory Jose

Posted: 04/19/2008 14:14:47

Yes, the rolldown is a feature I thought about requesting as well. Though it might also add the need for being able to put buttons on the bottom of a window(or the sides)... another feature I considered requesting long ago as I have a need and see no other programs(I know of) that do this... Or at least putting the whole titlebar on a different side of the window(yes I know, this may be hard to do or out of the scope of Actual Tools).

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/23/2008 22:59:55

Gregory, please clarify, what's the practical use of putting the titlebar on different window sides? Some examples? BTW you are quite right saying that it's really not a trivial task.

Gregory Jose

Posted: 04/30/2008 18:32:45

Well, I have at times put my windows taskbar on different sides of the screen, and have Truelaunch Bar which allows multiple toolbars.
 When the windows bar is say on left side of screen, I need to mouse travel all the way along the length of the window title bar to say close the window( yeah, could use hotkeys but still need to select window to close) from the windows taskbar. It just might make less mouse distance to travel if there was this feature.
 Another good alternative might be to just allow button bars on all sides of a window. but again like you said, it might we programmaticaly hard or out of the scope of the product.

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 05/04/2008 23:17:30

Thanks for your reply. We will consider the possibility of this feature (or its alternative) implementation.

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 06/12/2008 09:33:31

Back to my original post, point 2 - temporarily disabling rollup. This used to be a bit of a hack using the 'Grouping' button for unused title buttons, but now the option to disable rollup has moved to 3 menus deep from the system menu! Can I repeat my plea to give this handy feature a title button all of its own :) ?

Many thanks,

David.

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 06/17/2008 05:30:28

David, the feature is registered in our database. But it isn't often requested so it has quite a low priority if compared with other frequently asked features.

Besides we should probably think of creating a title button for disabling other features, not just Roll up

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register