Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Desktop divider: span window across several tiles » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 2625

Chris Branch

Posted: 06/24/2012 12:44:46

Current implementation of Desktop Divider lets you define tiles by splitting the screen horizontally or vertically. Windows can be placed within only one of the defined tiles. However, it would be useful to make a window span multiple tiles.

What I used to do with GridMove is split the screen into four tiles (one at each corner) and configure drop zones such that I could place a window in either of the four tiles, or maximised horizontally/vertically across two tiles.

My current workaround in the vertically-maximised case is to use Windows' built-in Aero Snap, but obviously that is a limited solution; increasing the flexibility similar to that offered by GridMove would be very welcome.

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 06/24/2012 13:58:43

Hi Chris,

This is already possible by using the "Put into" title button. If you click that button you can select the tiles you want to move a window to. You can span a window to multiple tiles by selecting multiple tiles. If you currently do not have a "Put into" title button yet, you can activate it by checking the corresponding box in the Default window settings or a specific window setting. What I did is check the option "Show grouping button" and not "Put into". That way I can do the same via the grouping button, but it is a personal preference.

Hope this was helpful.
Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register