Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Arrange windows via grid (like Divvy) » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 3545

Torsten Gebhardt

Posted: 06/18/2012 15:33:01

Hey!
with Divvy (another companys program) it's possible to quickly arrange windows via a grid selector.
It's kind of hard to describe, so please take a look at the demo video:

http://vimeo.com/17934894http://vimeo.com/17934894

It would be awesome if this functionality could be integrated into a future version of Actual Window Manager.

Thanks for considering,

T.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/19/2012 01:33:36

Hello Torsten.

Thanks for the post.

That looks good, we'll consider your request.

Best regards.

Bertram Vogel
Advanced user

Posted: 06/24/2012 08:18:54

I'm not sure, but doesn't the desktop divider exactly provide these features?
Right-Clicking on the "Put Into"-Button shows the "grid selector". You just have to create a 6x6 grid-layout before.
You even can create different layouts in AWM and switch between them on-the-fly using the mouse-wheel when the grid-selector is shown.

Only the shortcuts are not implemented in the desktop divider feature of AWM (in the way it is done in Divvy). But im not sure if they are needed at all in AWM, becaue in Divvy they are used to have quick acces to different layouts for example "66% left" and "33% Right" (as seen in the video). In AWM i can just create a desktop-divider-layout that looks exactly like this (one tile taking 66% of the screen, the other one taking 33% of the screen) and then it are only two clicks to move a window in one of these tiles (right-clicking on "put into"-button and left-clicking on a tile).

And there are also already shortcuts to move a window to the next left/right/upper/bottom tile.

But maybe i have overseen something in Divvy ;)

Best Regards

zegames zegames
Advanced user

Posted: 06/25/2012 13:16:05

Bertram Vogel, fantastic post!!! I absolutely ignored this feature for so long, now I 'm loving it ahahhaha. The feature is 100% like Divvy!!

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register