Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[SOLVED] Hide task bar icon when minimizing » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 10146

E. PROUST

Posted: 10/11/2006 07:45:44

Hello,

First of all, congratulations for your very good job... It is amazing how your tool is useful (and I'm still using the evaluation version !).

I would like to know if the following feature is in the latest version of Minimizer (4.2): I want to have the AltMin behavior when I minimize (press on "_" button) or when I close (press on "X" button) the application. I found the appropriate options, and activated them... They perfectly work, except on one point: The application title remains in the task bar.

Is there such an option to say "when minimizing, remove from the task bar" (I searched such an option everywhere, but did not find it) ? Is it due to the evaluation version ? Or is it simply a not implemented feature ?

Thank you for your answer.

Best regards.

E.

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 10/11/2006 10:40:24

Thanks for such an appreciation of our software. Hope some day you'll become the registered customer. ;)

Please specify what window exactly do you have problem with? The fact is that, actually, the AltMin feature works as you have requested. But it fails to handle properly some types of windows (the most well-known examples are Mozilla applications, both Firefox and Thunderbird). We plan to find the reason of such undesired behavior and fix it in the near future versions.

Also, to make sure that AltMin feature works as expected, try to define the certain settings, for example, for Windows Notepad and see that everything's fine.

entropie

Posted: 10/11/2006 10:48:07

Indeed, both applications I tested were... Firefox and Thunderbird !  :D

...And of course, it works perfectly with Notepad ! ;)

Thanks a lot for your quick answer, a good luck for the future releases !

E.

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 05/25/2007 01:41:57

The "minimizing Mozilla-based applications" issue has been finally fixed in the version 4.4 of Actual Tools.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register