Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Planned New Features: version 7.1 beta 2 , Combo Action, Start Button in Windows 8 » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 6036

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 04/18/2012 05:17:55

Hello everyone,

The next beta of Actual Window Manager 7.1 and Actual Multiple Monitors 4.1 will introduce the following features:
  • Combo Action

Another long ago and many times requested feature is ready to be rolled out: you will be able to create sequences of actions and assign them to custom title buttons (and, probably, to menu items, hotkeys and at startup) so that single click will result in combined effect.

For example, you can create a sequence that will contain Move to Monitor, Align and Resize actions that will be applied at once to a given window.

• Start Button in Windows 8

Designers of Windows 8 user interface (at least, its most recent version in the Consumer Preview) removed the Start button/menu so that we had to follow this decision and removed the Start button from our taskbars. However, we began to receive requests to return the Start button back because many users got used to it and didn't like the new Windows 8 UI.

Thus, in this beta the Start button 'll be back! :) The click on it will display the Metro UI Start screen.

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 04/18/2012 07:19:11

Hello Alex,

Thanks again for keeping us updated!

Thus, in this beta the Start button 'll be back! smile:) The click on it will display the Metro UI Start screen.
I think this is a good decision. Depending further development of Windows 8, it would really be a deal maker if you could implement the traditional Windows 7 Start Menu in Windows 8. I do not know whether this is technically feasible, and you probably want to await how the development of Windows 8 continues, but I think many, many people would really appreciate this option. In my case, Microsoft's abandoning of  the traditional Start Menu in Windows 8 is a deal breaker. I will not go to Windows 8 unless there is an adequate traditional Start Menu available somewhere. If you read the various forums you will find many people with the same opinion, so I think you may have a great opportunity here!  ;)

Best regards.

TabSel
Advanced user

Posted: 04/18/2012 15:08:42

Indeed. I agree.

And I have to say it once again: not only is your software incredible usefull. It's you style of communicating, which increases the value of your software so much.

Thank you!

Michael Sam

Posted: 04/25/2012 08:48:07

Hello,
I'm new to this forum, but I must say I had in mind a feature similar to what you call Combo Action for a along time, and I'm glad you plan to implement it soon. It's a great alternative to pushing 2-3 title buttons when it is desired to apply default specific window settings.
Thank you for constantly improving this software and actually listening to user requests.

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 04/28/2012 11:14:50

Michael,

Welcome here, glad to see you at our forum!

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 04/28/2012 11:17:22

I'd like to inform everyone that the beta 2 is out so that the features announced in the first message are available for testing!

Waiting for your feedback... :)

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register