Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Planned New Features: version 7.1 beta 1 , Custom Taskbar Groups, Custom Title Buttons » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 5685

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 04/03/2012 04:45:16

Greetings,

In the upcoming beta 1 of Actual Window Manager 7.1 and Actual Multiple Monitors 4.1, the following new features will be available:
  • Custom Taskbar Groups

Windows groups running tasks in the taskbar by the application (e.g. several open Word documents, several Explorer folders, etc.). However, in many cases such kind of grouping is irrelevant because the more preferable way is grouping the tasks by their belonging to a certain activity, disregarding the application. Thus, group may consist of a Word document, Excel worksheet, Explorer folder and any other application's window(s).

In the upcoming beta, you will be able to group the desired tasks in Actual Tools taskbars manually via simple drag-n-drop and then activate/minimize all windows in the group by a single click.

• Custom Title Buttons

This long ago requested feature finally comes to life: you will be able to add as many title buttons to a certain windows as you need (for example, several Resize buttons with different sizes assigned or several Move to Monitor buttons where each one sends to a particular monitor, etc.).

Also, you'll be able to customize the order of buttons at the level of particular specific settings and tell apart the groups of similar buttons by adding the separators between them.

_pi

Posted: 04/03/2012 15:25:21

both sound very promising and both are related to my requests. cool!
:idea:

TabSel
Advanced user

Posted: 04/03/2012 16:24:34

yeah, that sounds handy :)

You and your Team really do a great job! :)

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 04/06/2012 02:36:57

Thanks Alex, for keeping us up-to-date.

I have said this many times, but I will repeat it again: AWM is a fantastic piece of software backed by a great team :!:   I will again gladly participate in testing the new beta when it is published :)

TabSel
Advanced user

Posted: 04/12/2012 12:24:34

uh, just installed 7.1ß1 and noticed that there only are a few actions I could assign individual title bar buttons... I miss "put into..." for example... hmm...

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 04/12/2012 13:09:51

Hi TabSel,

It may be a good idea to repeat/include your remark in the beta forum, so all remarks regarding the beta are all in one forum.

Thanks!

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register