Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «User interface suggestion: Profiles » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 8075

herbfr Frenkel

Posted: 09/30/2006 07:53:29

I'd like to suggest an addition to the user interface that I think would add to the program's functionality and ease of use: Profiles. You already have one:  the Excluded window.  I'd like to be able to set up others and apply them easily on the fly.

What I'd like to see when I select "Manage window rule" in the "window menu" is a selection that looks something like this:

Apply profile: Excluded
Apply profile: HerbsMaximized
Apply profile: HerbsStandard
Apply profile: HerbsOther
Modify/create specific window rule (this would be the only setting that opens the Configuration window)
Reapply window rule

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 10/04/2006 09:07:47

Yes, this feature, named in other way as "group rules", is already added to our wishlist and someday will be implemented but thanks anyway.

Tobiel Sayre

home user/amateur skinner

Posted: 10/06/2006 02:29:34

Seems to me (automizable a bit with macros by the way but KNOW what you are doing with that solution) - that one or 2 of the three .ini files of AWM already remembers your setting so first you could copy a backup elsewhere, then make new settings, copy that in a specially renamed FOLDER, also in your backup folder because you shouldnt rename inis instead see there effect by name of folder they are stored in. Then, with AWM turned OFF, just paste a COPY of the backuped .ini over the active .ini in AWM program folder and start AWM. Bingo - your profile is there, and so are rules depending on which of the 3 inis you did this with.

Sounds like a mess, but automized its not, really. Note - not guaranteed for working between different program versions, especially if whole build start with different no. or in beta zones.

However, in daily life this still helped a lot even when builds were only partially compatible (basically its GOOD when revolutionary development changes come in).

SATYROBE/TAXIFUNK/Tobiel Sayre registered user; non-staff

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 10/11/2006 09:41:25

Tobiel, thanks for the comment but, just for your information, there's more convenient way to switch different .ini-files on the fly. Just use the '-c' command line switch with the ActualWindowManagerCenter.exe (it's described here). In my opinion, it's much more convenient and can be automated more easily. And this switch is supported in most latest versions of Actual Tools programs.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register