Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Click on title bar to roll/unroll window » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 8552

Scott
Advanced user

Posted: 09/15/2006 17:16:22

This is a feature I miss from the (now defunct) utility WinShade: Ability to click the title bar to roll/unroll the window.

WinShade actually allowed other things to be done by clicking the title bar.  For example, you could configure it so that Shift+click made the window "always on top/not on top", Shift+right click to minimize, and so on.

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 09/18/2006 02:55:47

Does the current ability to roll a window by the double-click on the caption (the first option in the "Rollup" property sheet) not satisfy you?

Tobiel Sayre

Posted: 09/25/2006 10:19:55

oops - I didnt need a new ID for the new beta testing login - still testing, let me try again from normal login :oops:  

Tobiel Sayre

home user/amateur skinner

Posted: 09/25/2006 10:40:19

For me in fact it is often confusing that while I enjoy all the powerful features of ActWinMan for this I occasionally forget about an applied SKIN of windowblinds overriding my rule for title bar double- or right clicks.

Tragically, each skin can override its own different default way and for copyright reasons many skins are protected against alteration with skinstudio so as to keep original author info and settings, design unchanged which makes ripping more obvious than it would be otherwise.

However, as said, a lot is already possible if observing everything including latest options (beta builds, whatever) but considering there might be more users like you or with other individual preferences the only way I could imagine pleasing everyone would be to allow for almost ALL of ActWinMans button functions to be available on double- or right click (not all at once in same rule, of course). Yet there needs to be a default behavior on first installation at least suggested in your first autocreated general rule which you can then alter so as to keep it simple for those who dont want to experiment and learn much but need some small fast changes every day.

It will always be hard to agree on a perfect default recommendation, for which there might even be a poll, what do I know? Aside from experienced developers considering how to keep typical trouble hazards away from standard users even if they THINK what they want causes no side effects.

For me, everything is quite great already. 1 thing already suggested which might come in next versions I also would like a BUTTON, not just menu item for reapplying window rule. And when testing completely different alfa, beta, or build generations maybe a printing or html export with screenshots as a manual backup for rulesets would be cool. I could put a lot into a text file with my exclusions, general rule settings + then just add whats different in rest of em to keep it short but for the target window with freaky window class names a screenshot or printable export would be even safer. But first of all testing aspects are like nontypical ones and second lately im-and exporting works better each build. Just read good tip in beta forum, let me try version 4.2 right now, see you ;)  

SATYROBE/TAXIFUNK/Tobiel Sayre registered user; non-staff

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register