Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Behavior of Move to Monitor button » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 3448

Eric Gooch

Posted: 01/20/2012 18:25:25

Currently, the Move to Monitor button by default moves the window to the monitor to the right. If you right click the button, you're shown a graphic of all of your monitors and you can click on the one you want to send to.

I'd like to reverse that...make it so that left clicking shows the graphic, and right clicking moves to the next monitor.

In the Title Buttons settings, it looks like there is an option to change the behavior...it says <next> as status for Move to Monitor.
But there don't seem to be any options other than <next>.

Thanks

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 01/21/2012 06:58:57

This behaviour is similar to the other title bar buttons, where a right click results in more options, and a left click directly results in an action. I see your point Eric if you use more than 2 monitors (I only have 2 monitors). I would however like to add that if this option is introduced, I think it would be best if it were optional.

Eric Gooch

Posted: 01/21/2012 12:15:48

I didn't think of that...in a two monitor situation there is only the option of the other monitor. I use 3 monitors, main in the middle and a monitor to the left and right of the main. Currently the left click moves the window towards the right monitor. Doing so on the right-most monitor loops it back to the left-most monitor.

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 01/21/2012 13:50:53

I notice I was not clear enough, I unintentionally left some information that made you draw a wrong conclusion. In a 2 monitor setup the Move to monitor button always immediately moves the window to the other monitor, irrespective of whether I left click or right click. In other words: I never see the graphic. The reason for saying I think it should be optional is that one is then able to maintain consistency with the other title bar buttons, i.e. left click results in an immediate action, whereas with a right click one may have to make an additional choice.

Eric Gooch

Posted: 01/21/2012 14:32:33

Oh, I get it now. There's no reason to show the graphic if there's only one other monitor.

I agree completely that it should be an option rather than a change to how it works now.
Perhaps in addition to <next>, there could be another option that forces the graphic of the monitors to show when left clicked.
(Which still, would only make sense for those using more than 2 monitors.)

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/24/2012 03:02:53

Hello gentlemen,

Thanks for the post.

We'll consider this request.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics