Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Aero Peek mirrored on all monitors » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 3493

Outrager

Posted: 01/17/2012 16:18:15

Is it possible to have the Windows 7 Aero Peek feature mirror the program on all monitors when you use it?

The one I'm talking about is this one:
"To quickly reveal a buried window, point to its taskbar thumbnail. Now only that window shows on the desktop."

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/18/2012 02:05:00

Hello Outrager,

Thanks for the post.

Could you clarify how should it works?

What cases this feature would be useful in (could you give me an example?)?

Best regards.

Outrager

Posted: 01/18/2012 11:43:17

Here's an example.
I have 2 monitors and only have the Windows 7 taskbar on the primary monitor.
I put iTunes on my 2nd monitor and use it to listen to a podcast.
I have my 2nd monitor turned off since I'm not using it at the moment.
As I'm working on my primary monitor I wanted to check how much time is left on the podcast on the iTunes windows.
I mouse over the iTunes icon on the taskbar on my primary monitor and the Aero Thumbnail pops up. If I hover over the thumbnail it will make all the windows transparent except for iTunes.
However, since iTunes is on my 2nd monitor that I have turned off I still can't see it.
It would make a nice addition if you could somehow mirror iTunes onto all (2 in my case) monitors when you hover over the Aero Thumbnail.

This is more of a convenience feature since I could select the iTunes window and use the hotkey to bring it to my primary monitor then use the hotkey to move it back, but using the Aero Peek way seems more intuitive.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/19/2012 02:31:47

This is not possible to realize this feature now.

But you could create a Mirroring Window for iTunes on the primary monitor with Rollup settings for this window (to save free space on your desktop).

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register