Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Auto Update » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 4370

Inflatablemouse

Posted: 11/17/2011 06:17:40

As the title suggests, an auto update feature would be great.

You're releasing more frequent updates than I'd like to install manually. I have to go to the site, download, start the update, close programs and often restart. It's becoming a drag to be honest.

Make an auto update feature that supports beta versions or stable releases only and ask me to update and automate the entire process.

I noticed when I stop the services and close the program before running the update, a reboot is not required. The auto update process should follow these steps to minimize reboots.

Thanks.

zegames zegames
Advanced user

Posted: 11/17/2011 07:28:14

Not really useful, since you need to restart or logoff system anyway to apply the update.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 11/17/2011 23:06:14

Hello gentlemen,

Thanks for the post.

Inflatablemouse, we'll consider this request.

Zegames Zegames, the restart isn't necessarily  in Vista and 7. Unfortunately, we aren't able to realize this in XP.

Best regards.

zegames zegames
Advanced user

Posted: 11/22/2011 05:41:37

Sorry Vasily, but the installer requires to close too many open programs in system and is not able to restart processes by itself (although the installer say can that), then you need to log-off or restart to apply the update, even in Vista/Seven. Just reporting the reality.

Example:
User added an image

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 11/23/2011 23:42:29

Hello zegames zegames,

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately, there are applications that can not be restarted.

If you have a lot such applications, the best way to update is to log off / log on.

Best regards.

Inflatablemouse

Posted: 12/02/2011 11:29:26

Zegames,

because it might not useful to you doesn't mean its not useful for others.

Even in the event that a restart or logoff is needed, the auto update can still download and install it, then ask the user for a restart at his/her convenience.

The process as it is is cumbersome at best.

Thanks Vasiliy, I wish there was a list though with upcoming features or those under consideration. These forums are full of good ideas, which I understand can't all be implemented but as it is an idea dissapears, at least in the perception of your users.

Regards.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 12/04/2011 20:16:41

Hello Inflatablemouse,

Thanks for the message.

Thanks Vasiliy, I wish there was a list though with upcoming features or those under consideration. These forums are full of good ideas, which I understand can't all be implemented but as it is an idea dissapears, at least in the perception of your users.
- We'll consider this request.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register