Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Automatic Taskbar Centering , Automatic Centering of pinned/open programs list on the taskbar » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 4551

Calen Matula

Posted: 10/01/2011 16:57:07

I recently came across a program called TaskDock. While it seems to function correctly, its controls are poorly laid out and it is by no means set up for multiple monitors. In Taskdock it also flickers when the center is changed, which is a little annoying since its purpose is entirely aesthetic.

While there is another basic solution here, it isn't dynamic in that it doesn't maintain center when a program closes or a new program is opened.

In my opinion, taskbar centering would be a great feature to add to Actual Window Manager, and it would even fall within the scope (You already have a tweaking section for the taskbar...). It could have a center Taskbar heading with suboptions:
1. '...To monitor' (directly related to screen resolution) and
2: '...Between start button and tray' (center shifts left as notification area fills)
and/or
3: A '...Manual define center' option by means of a textbox pixel entry and/or mouse click (similar to TaskDock's usage)

I think the centering of these icons would bring a more aesthetic balance to the taskbar, as it has to my firefox tabs and tabgroups since I've manually centered them. Having the same functionality on a secondary monitor's taskbar would also be great, and it would also mean fewer tray icons since TaskDock would just be redundant. :)

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 10/04/2011 03:56:02

Hello Calen,

Thanks for the post.

We'll consider this request.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics