New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 11
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Floating Icons Aligned in Rows etc. » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 17660

MCHAL

Posted: 07/20/2011 08:29:38

Hi,

Thanks for your dev efforts.

How about:

- Making it possible to show floating icons aligned in rows over the Desktop or on top of other windows when the user happens to have many of them open at the same time; also, the possibility of making them fade out over the mouse pointer, so that the user can see and CLICK through these icons, which would be shown back again once the pointer was drawn out;

- A hotkey for showing windows as floating icons and then restoring them at will;

- A feature for getting the focus of input fields (such as password ones) of dialog windows set to be shown on top of others when opened;

- The possibility of closing windows through the combination of hotkeys and mouse clicks or through either one of these alone - for example, making it possible to close windows with a right-click on their title bars or to use, say, Ctrl+Shift+right-click on any part of a given window to close it;

- A hotkey to show the AWM configuration window (not the Control Center itself);

- Automatic clicks on windows controls (buttons etc.), just like PTFB Pro at http://www.tlhouse.co.uk/ ?

Thanks for your attention.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/23/2011 04:36:54

Hello MCHAL,

Thanks for the post and sorry for the late response.

- Making it possible to show floating icons aligned in rows over the Desktop or on top of other windows when the user happens to have many of them open at the same time; also, the possibility of making them fade out over the mouse pointer, so that the user can see and CLICK through these icons, which would be shown back again once the pointer was drawn out;
- A hotkey for showing windows as floating icons and then restoring them at will;
- Automatic clicks on windows controls (buttons etc.), just like PTFB Pro at http://www.tlhouse.co.uk/ ?
- We'll consider these requests.

- A feature for getting the focus of input fields (such as password ones) of dialog windows set to be shown on top of others when opened;
- Could you clarify this request (maybe with screenshots and examples)?

- The possibility of closing windows through the combination of hotkeys and mouse clicks or through either one of these alone - for example, making it possible to close windows with a right-click on their title bars or to use, say, Ctrl+Shift+right-click on any part of a given window to close it;
- Here this possibility is - Actual Window Manager -> Actions -> Options -> Triggers -> Mouse (Close action).

- A hotkey to show the AWM configuration window (not the Control Center itself);
- Here this hotkey is - Actual Window Manager -> Actions -> Options -> Triggers -> Hotkeys (Configure - Win+C by default).

Best regards.

MCHAL

Posted: 11/25/2011 04:31:22

Dear Vasiliy:

Thanks so much for your support. And sorry also for taking such a long time to reply.

- Could you clarify this request (maybe with screenshots and examples)?

Could you please download and watch this small video capture file? Thanks.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29474566/Getinput.wmv

- Here this possibility is - Actual Window Manager -> Actions -> Options -> Triggers -> Mouse (Close action).

Actually I could see no option for closing windows through a right-click, and I mean a right-click especially on their TITLE BARS - it's so much handier closing them doing this... If possible, take a look at Pitaschio 2.26, which does exactly this, but it acts a bit buggy on Windows 7 - http://pitaschio.ara3.net/download.htm .

Regards.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 11/28/2011 00:58:34

Hello MCHAL,

Thanks for the response.

- Could you check your link? It doesn't work on my computer.

Actually I could see no option for closing windows through a right-click, and I mean a right-click especially on their TITLE BARS - it's so much handier closing them doing this... If possible, take a look at Pitaschio 2.26, which does exactly this, but it acts a bit buggy on Windows 7 - http://pitaschio.ara3.net/download.htm .
- Could you look at this - http://ScrnSht.com/zyueef ?

Best regards.

MCHAL

Posted: 11/28/2011 07:05:31

Hello MCHAL,

Thanks for the response.

- Could you check your link? It doesn't work on my computer.

- Could you look at this - http://ScrnSht.com/zyueef ?

Hi, Support:

Thanks so much for your reply.

As to the link, I've just checked it out and it's all right. Could you please use Internet Explorer or Firefox (not Opera) for this? Please, copy the link and paste it into one of these browsers address bar. Then hit enter to download the small video. You might as well use a download manager. Sorry for making you go to such much trouble for helping me. If you happen to manage to watch the video, maybe you'll understand that the additional feature suggested for implementing is all about making AWM - besides placing the child dialog topmost (as it already does) - get the focus of the password field, so that the user can promptly provide the password.

As for right-clicking on windows title bars to close them, OPS! My goofy bad! Sorry. Now, after investigating the interface further, I found the way of doing this. Thanks for the shot!

Also please note: after trying the right-clicking on windows title bars feature to get windows closed, I found out that, unlike Pitaschio (mentioned above), with some programs, such as ProcessHacker, AMP Monitor (from ampsoft.net) etc., actually the right-clicked windows are SHUT DOWN together with the programs they belong to, even when these programs own specific options for this are set to get them closed or minimized to tray only.

My kind regards and gratitude.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 11/29/2011 00:37:50

Hello MCHAL,

Thanks for the response.

If you happen to manage to watch the video, maybe you'll understand that the additional feature suggested for implementing is all about making AWM - besides placing the child dialog topmost (as it already does) - get the focus of the password field, so that the user can promptly provide the password.
- We'll consider this request.

Also please note: after trying the right-clicking on windows title bars feature to get windows closed, I found out that, unlike Pitaschio (mentioned above), with some programs, such as ProcessHacker, AMP Monitor (from ampsoft.net) etc., actually the right-clicked windows are SHUT DOWN together with the programs they belong to, even when these programs own specific options for this are set to get them closed or minimized to tray only.
- What OS are you running (version, x32 or x64)? What versions of ProcessHacker and AMP Monitor do you use? What other applications have you noticed this problem with?

Best regards.

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 11/29/2011 02:43:37

...get the focus of the password field, so that the user can promptly provide the password.

Have you read this? ;)

MCHAL

Posted: 11/29/2011 04:04:39

Hi, Vasiliy:

Thanks for your support. You really do work for making a better user experience.

- What OS are you running (version, x32 or x64)? What versions of ProcessHacker and AMP Monitor do you use? What other applications have you noticed this problem with?

I use Win7-32 up to date, ProcessHacker 2.25 (latest; same "problem" with previous versions though), AMP Monitor 1.0.1 (latest), but this also occurs with Robotask 4.4 and maybe others.

Hi, Alex:

Thanks for your pointing me out to the alternative way of doing the login. Fine stuff! It did work, but only after I unmarked the previously set option of making this child login dialog to be shown on top of other windows. However, I am NOT sure I should use this procedure, due to uncertainty as to how secure this might be. After wall, I set up a password just for preventing unauthorized access to a given database...

Thanks for all.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 11/29/2011 21:31:46

Hello MCHAL,

Thanks for the response.

I use Win7-32 up to date, ProcessHacker 2.25 (latest; same "problem" with previous versions though), AMP Monitor 1.0.1 (latest), but this also occurs with Robotask 4.4 and maybe others.
- This is not a bug. If you want minimize to tray these applications you could use the "Minimize to tray" mouse trigger (Actual Window Manager -> Actions -> Options -> Triggers -> Mouse -> Minimize to tray).
The "Close" action must close an application.

Best regards.

MCHAL

Posted: 11/30/2011 03:47:50

Thanks, Vasiliy.

So obvious, but I didn't see it! Sorry. However, this is no solution for the "absolute" option of closing apps by their title bars, since actually the user NOT ALWAYS WISH to send apps BACK to Windows tray; they may in fact want to close them. Take the example of Notepad (so promptly and easily invoked, by hitting Win+N), which may be used just temporarily to paste some piece of information, so as to be transcribed later to a final data storing target. As said, after doing this, that is, transferring the mentioned data to a definitive destination, actually he might want to CLOSE Notepad instead, for instance.

Regards.

Messages 1 - 10 of 11
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register