Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «intelligent window moving » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 3959

maks

Posted: 07/15/2011 18:47:52

i would like to say a few words concerning the already implemented feature 'activate the whole window area for moving/stretching'

there is a tiny application 'x-mouse' (version - 1.41.20) (size - 17,5 KB)
both x-mouse and AWM 6.5 may be customized the way that holding alt plus moving the pressed left mouse button performs window moving

but i've noticed that AWM makes it crudely for some reason:

1) x-mouse (and not only this program) allows to move a window to any part of screen (including the upper edge) so that a window may be placed 'above' the screen almost completely

but AWM's style does not allow such obvious thing; i simply cannot move a window behind the top of the screen: in any case a window jumps back the way that its title bar may be seen partly, while my intention was to move the major part of a window from sight, leaving visible only the bottom part of a window

2) x-mouse allows to move any window without activating it; and it is very convenient. but AWM activates a window for some purpose :(

added later:

3) x-mouse seems to move windows more smoothly than AWM does it (this is not so easy to understand if you haven't seen the x-mouse's behaviour which is just immaculate)

4) x-mouse allows (without any effort) to move ANY window, including all types/kinds of sub-windows. and i've noticed that work of AWM is not that perfect concerning this aspect

example 1 (3 windows): program 'kaspersky internet security 2012' - settings - file anti-virus
when the latter is active, it is impossible to move 'setings' window; but it is possible to move the first (main) window

example 2 (2 windows): foo-bar - its sub-window 'add files'
when the latter is active, it is impossible to move the first (main) window

i've mentioned just several examples, but believe me - there are plenty of them

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/22/2011 03:39:31

Hello Maks,

Thanks for the post and sorry for the late response.

We'll consider this request.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register