Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Improve update process » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 5614

zegames zegames
Advanced user

Posted: 06/27/2011 09:08:21

Is there any way for your team improve the upgrade process to avoid a restart of computer?

Each new version upgrade I got this error bellow:

User added an image

Log off does not help, only full restart solve the problem.

Thanks!

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 06/28/2011 22:05:20

Hello zegames zegames,

Thanks for the post.

We plan to improve our upgrade process.

Best regards.

zegames zegames
Advanced user

Posted: 08/09/2011 16:38:39

This "feature" was implemented in version 6.6, but see screenshot bellow from installer window:

User added an image

Weird, sure I will not close all softwares, again to update I will restart computer..

:/

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 08/22/2011 10:09:53

Hi zegames zegames,

I have seen a similar screen, but it only occurs when the computer has been running for some time. The list is much shorter when the computer has not been running for a long time. I think it has to do with the fact that AWM can close other applications, but not restart them. And the longer the computer has been on, the more programs will be running.

FWIW: you do not need to restart the computer entirely. I have found that logging off and logging back on also works. This will usually significantly reduce the reboot time.

BTW: I noticed that you are using WizMouse. With the new "Scroll inactive windows with the mouse wheel" option (in the configuration module under Actions > Options > Mouse > Advanced options), you can delete WizMouse, because similar functionality is now built into AWM.

zegames zegames
Advanced user

Posted: 08/22/2011 19:03:59

The native feature of "Scroll inactive windows" in AWM has several bugs reported by me and more people, that's why I keep WizMouse.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register